ID:2261171

So i've been trying to host http://www.byond.com/games/aeon_nova/deadandwalking using Dream Daemon and i've ran into so, so many issues. The two most serious issues I can't seem to solve are once I get the server running. One - I can't get the game to save items dropped in houses like it's supposed to, but it saves the ownership of houses. Two - Once the server is up and running i've had it two or three times crash and completely just delete Dream Daemon from my Byond folder. No error message, not in my recycle bin, just gone.

Any help would be much appreciated @_@

Running on Windows 10
If it's not the game's programming, it's probably that Dream Daemon needs access to save files with Security.

Dream Daemon no longer exists in Program Files/Program Files(x86) -> BYOND -> bin?

Has Dream Daemon gone rogue for any other game hosted?

Are you using the BYOND.com method or Aeon_nova's "standalone" launcher?

Since the game hasn't been updated since almost a year ago, it's safe to assume it's been compiled in an older BYOND version. What version are you using?
Using the most recent version of Byond, and most recent version of Dead and Walking. 511.1385 and 1054, respectively.

I had my Dream Daemon installed in a few different places while trying to get this to work, so it was either in x86, documents, or on my external driver but it probably did it on multiple of those locations by now.

I've only tried hosting this game, been awhile since i've messed with Byond at all.

I don't quite understand your byond.com method or aeon nova standalone launcher, i'm guessing im not using the standalone since I dont know what that is. Just been using byond methods.

I've now had Byond go rogue too x'D It crashed, then only Byond was deleted from my Byond folder. Dream Daemon, Maker and every other file remained but the byond.exe lol.
Anything get picked up by a firewall/antivirus/antimalware program?
Nothing, it's all allowed through the firewall and portforwarded.

No pop ups from my antivirus, so unless it's doing it in the background there isn't. I'll disable it and test it out just to be certain. Edit: Nothing different so far.