ID:2263533

So I always thought as long as I've been on BYOND that Tom was the owner. Lummox is the new owner of BYOND right? He's a really nice guy I like him but what happened to change this?
Tom basically decided he was done and quit(giving it to Lummy who's been the co-dev for awhile. This all happened roughly a year ago.

No offense to Tom, but BYOND is in much, much, much better hands now. Tom was quite clearly tired of, bored with, and ultimately disillusioned with BYOND. Lummy has more skill, motivation, and a better vision for BYOND.

Just compare one year of Tom's feature additions to BYOND to one month of Lummy's -- there's no contest.
In response to Kumorii
A vision that doesn't include any sort of proper marketing/branding/etc. lol
In response to Dubious Game Studios
BYOND doesn't need marketing or branding, my guy.

Lummy has his priorities straight with improving the capabilities and performance of the engine over silly stuff like that. Since Lummy took over there's been a noticeable uptick in competent developers and original, interesting projects being worked on.

Besides: you can't go fishing with a leaky boat.
In response to Kumorii
Said no successful business ever, my guy.
Dubious Game Studios wrote:
Said no successful business ever, my guy.

I reiterate; you can't go fishing with a leaky boat.

Why waste money AND time on marketing if your business' trade/product isn't completely in order?
That's an easy way to kill a business before it gets started, my guy.
In response to Kumorii
Yea.no. You can market for free, as long as you know what you're doing and actually have motivation to do it. Branding is also free, my boy.
Yea.no. You can market for free, as long as you know what you're doing and actually have motivation to do it. Branding is also free, my boy.

Then why waste time and effort on telling people about all the fish you're going to catch when you don't have a boat to go fishing with?

Time and effort would be better spent on getting the boat in order before hyping people about your fish, mi hombre.
If BYOND hasn't patched it's leaky boat up enough to start marketing in the million years it's been around it never will, so you're right marketing would be a waste of time, mie donne.
[...]you're right marketing would be a waste of time[...]

Checkmate, mate.
Not the checkmate you want, my guy.
But the checkmate we dream of, my lover.
I love this community I swear. Makes me miss a few people I used to kick it with on BYOND back when I was younger. And thanks for clearing my curiosity.
Checkers, my guys
YAHTZEE! My guys.
I agreed to get paid by my guys.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
YAHTZEE! My guys.

My lover.
might as well wait to advertise when its been improved even more? or we could just advertise now and have even more "why cant byond do X????????" topics everywhere
In response to Mickemoose
Mickemoose wrote:
might as well wait to advertise when its been improved even more? or we could just advertise now and have even more "why cant byond do X????????" topics everywhere

BYOND can't count to 512 :(
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Mickemoose wrote:

BYOND can't count to 512 :(

ill count u to 512 bb ;)
Page: 1 2