ID:2265220

Code:

Problem description:

Hi. The problem is that every time I run my game (No errors or game breaking coding) it instantly crashes without warning.

Any ideas?
Hmm, the last time I had an instant DS crash, an obj's New() was creating an obj of the same type. So an infinite New() loop because I'm a doofus. If I remember correctly, it was an object that was on the map as well.

Could start there?
In response to Dayoak
I'll take a look.
In response to Dayoak
Dayoak wrote:
Hmm, the last time I had an instant DS crash, an obj's New() was creating an obj of the same type. So an infinite New() loop because I'm a doofus. If I remember correctly, it was an object that was on the map as well.

Could start there?

I took a look at my recently added code and did not see a loop. All I added was two teleporting turfs However I do notice it might teleport you on the other teleport, but that shouldn't cause the loop to crash the game right?

In response to Dandonfighter
I can probably assume the teleportation is only triggered when something enters the turf. If so, that doesn't sound like it could cause an instant crash. I don't think it'd even out right crash anyway, at most it'd freeze the client if things went awry (such as endlessly teleporting a bunch of things instantly).

I don't have much more input, as I've only ran into this issue the once. Have you added anything else recently, or a backup of the source to compare changes?
Sometimes it does that crashing thing for some reason because i experience it too, how i fix it was to clear the 'dreamseeker' that is running in task manage then close the problem and run it again. If it crash again just try running a another person src then yours again.
For some reason it fixed itself after a good reboot from the pc, and clearing all the res i could. So i got it going thanks for the help.