ID:2269604

Did a bit of searching but couldn't find anything.

Is it possible to log in as a user to host via the linux version? I'm attempting to host via a server running Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS and can not use guest accounts. (Reason for is that I have permission checks for hosting)

Cheers.
Sorry but it's not possible, I believe there's a feature request for it...
Hmm ok, I'll try looking for the feature request. Do you happen to know why it was never implemented?

Thanks btw.
In response to Mystery16
Mystery16 wrote:
Hmm ok, I'll try looking for the feature request. Do you happen to know why it was never implemented?

Thanks btw.

there's no way to authenticate someone on Linux from the command line.
Mystery16 wrote:
Did a bit of searching but couldn't find anything.

Is it possible to log in as a user to host via the linux version? I'm attempting to host via a server running Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS and can not use guest accounts. (Reason for is that I have permission checks for hosting)

Cheers.

I'll host you something for free 24/7. Just pm me.
No issues with hosts, the issue was with security. I leave the host files public however connect the game to my web server to allow "Approved" versions of the game as well as banned hosts, allowed hosts, etc.

Overall, I can work around it I just would have liked to have a name linked to the game, makes it easier but I mean I've updated the security now.

Thanks though.
You can host a server in windows and then move the files over to linux and then at least have host privileges.