ID:2271578

Hello everyone,I did a factory reset on my laptop because my laptop was really slow. When I re-downloaded BYOND everything was alright until I tried to click "Join" and nothing happened. Nothing loaded, nothing popped-up, I was unable to do the same on the site. I have Windows 10, I've downloaded the latest BYOND, and I went into the firewall and allowed it through it.
Hi Dayvon64,

It sounds like the protocol association for byond:// links was lost when you did the factory reset. Generally, the simplest solution is to download and rerun the BYOND installer. Be sure to download the .exe edition and run it as an administrator. Running the .zip edition won’t make the necessary changes.

Another possibility is that the association was made during installation, but was sidestepped by a security feature in the browser. This typically is a popup that ensures that you want BYOND to open when you click on byond:// links. If you declined the security prompt, it may not ask you again. The exact steps for fixing this issue vary by which Internet browser you are using, but the setting is generally found in the applications section of the browser’s option menu. If you suspect this is the issue, please respond with your browser of choice.

Lastly, if all else fails, the "play now" button can be bypassed and you can use the BYOND pager to join directly, either by locating the game and server in the games section of the BYOND pager, or by using the open location feature. To use the open location feature: Right click on the "Play now" button of the game you wish to join > select "Copy link location" > Open the BYOND Pager > Click the menu button (gear, located in upper right corner) > Select "Open location..." > Paste the link into the first input box > Click OK. You should now be directed to the game.

Good luck!
I re-installed BYOND through the Windows button rather than the ZIP button and it works. Thank you so much!