ID:2271642

Ok so most of the times when i loaded a game it went fast but now every time i load it loads kinda slow, im not complaining i can wait it to load but why some days(to be more precise) it goes slow and the most of the days it goes fast and why its slow everytime I open a game?
Hi MeWaka,

There are a number of reasons that could account for slowness and variation in download speeds. The two most prevalent of which you値l largely have little control over, which is that either your connection or the sever in which you are connecting to is responsible for the slow down. You値l download at whatever rate the slower of the two are. Internet speeds vary throughout the day depending on what local traffic is, so that may account for the variation in download speed you witness.

However, while you don稚 have any control over the raw speed of either connection, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve issues that could account for slowness on your end.

BYOND saves graphics and sounds when you connect to a game for the first time. The idea behind this process, called caching, is to help reduce the number of times that you have to download resources, and also reduces the number of times that the server has to send you the resources. If the game you join does updates often, you値l get a new resource download each time the game updates and makes a change to their resource file. This is a normal part of caching and may explain why you sometimes experience a slow login, as your computer is download a new resource file. However, sometimes cache files become corrupt, and may trigger a download every time you try to connect, even when not needed. To resolve this, you値l need to clear the cache:

To clear the BYOND cache: Close all instances of Dream Seeker > Open the BYOND pager > Open the menu button (Gear, upper right corner) > select "Preferences" > Select "Games" > Press "Clear Cache" > Click OK. When you next connect to the game, you値l do a complete redownload of all resources. Subsequent connections should be faster.

If you are using a wireless Internet connection, try using an Ethernet (wired) connection if at all possible, to test and see if that increases download speeds by any noticeable amount. As wireless routers and wifi cards age, their ability to broadcast and receive data weakens as well. If by using a wired connection you notice substantial increase in speeds, not just with BYOND, but normal web browsing as well, it might be time to invest in a new router or wifi card, move your computer closer to the router, or change the location of the router.

Good luck!