A BYOND library
By Tyruswoo "Woo"
Inventory system that shows on the screen as a heads-up display, with the currently selected item equipped for use. Variables are provided to allow customization of where the inventory appears on the screen and the maximum number of items that can be carried in the inventory.
This library includes all the needed macros and mouse procedures to easily add the library to any world. When you use this library, you will notice that all movable atoms (obj and mob) can enter inventory. To prepare your world to better use this library, consider making the following additions into your code:
- Define the use() proc for each inventory item, so that when players pick up an item, they can use it to do something.
- For any movable atom (mob or obj) you don't want to be able to enter the inventory, you will need to set its screen_inventory=0. You may also want to hide its verbs.
- v.1.1: Reorganized the code to better delineate the library and the demo. Also, this version removed the overabundance of pickaxes from the demo. Now there are just two pickaxes: one for you, and one for a friend.
- v.1.2: Improved compatibility with the Woo.MouseMovement library.
- v.1.6: Added compatibility with Woo.MouseMovement to the default files of the library. This makes it easier to use these libraries together. Note that it also causes an obj called mouse_movement to be present in Dream Maker's "Object" tab, even if you are not using Woo.MouseMovement; however, you can just ignore it, since it doesn't alter the player's experience.
Terms: If you use one or more of my libraries in your game, please credit me (as Woo or Tyruswoo) and leave a link back to one of the following: my website, my BYOND site, my YouTube channel, or the webpage of the library you used. Optionally, you could also give me a free subscription to your game, if you like!
Join the Tyruswoo BYOND community!