ID:2278648

Hi. Not sure if this is SS13 specific(since I don't use BYOND to play anything else). But this happens to me on every server.

I'm having a problem where it freezes the game for 6-10 seconds, whenever I activate an item which pops up a browser window.(e.g PDA, Air Alarms, APC's, papers, computers..) It freezes until the pop-up is loaded(until then, it's white.)

I've tried running the game in a VM inside linux, it's fast(but I don't want to play thru a VM because of huge audio delays etc.)I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling/deleting cache (and user folder). Also tried completely removing/reinstalling IE11. No avail.

I appreciate any help you guys can give me.
i'm also having this problem as well and have not found a fix so i'm gonna just bump this thread.

i've also tried switching to beta(when byond had one), enabling no frills mode on tgui style in prefs on tg-based servers, cleared cache, reinstalling multiple times, and enabling both private and public networks for both byond and dream daemon. it's getting really annoying when i'm in combat and click an ai pad or vent, have to wait 9 seconds and find myself in crit.
bump again because this issue is not going away until someone helps
There's really no explanation for this beyond security software on your systems interfering with the operation of the embedded browser. That's the only thing I can remotely think of.
Download ccleaner, run repair registry.

It's helped a few people, something to do with fonts
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
Download ccleaner, run repair registry.

It's helped a few people, something to do with fonts

where is "repair registry" on ccleaner i dont know what you're talking about. i just installed it
oh they changed it, click the registry button on the left side, then click scan for issues, then click fix issues.
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
oh they changed it, click the registry button on the left side, then click scan for issues, then click fix issues.

this didnt help at all, and i don't have any security features downloaded or enabled on my IE. this is a lame problem that probably has a really simple fix but i would kill to know what that fix is. if there's literally anything else anyone could throw at me that COULD POTENTIALLY HELP then i advise they do
Just wanted to reply to this because i am having the same problem. I have tried everything from multiple sources including tips on here and nothing seems to work. The problem does not occur however when I play on my other laptop. However I would rather not play on that laptop because it is older and can't really handle the game.