ID:2280153

BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 60.0.3112.90
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary: When you click "Set transparent color in image" in the windows editor for interfaces and choose a color to be transparent in a window, it causes some players in semi-rare cases to only see a small section of the window in question. Namely, its the top left corner of the window that is shown. I believe this bug only occurs when you have a transparent section of a window with a custom transparency color. Example - https://ibb.co/hqzGn5

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
  • 1 - double click a window
  • 2 - click "edit" option on a window
  • 3 - click "skins" tab inside the window editor
  • 4 - click "Set transparent color in image" tick box
  • 5 - choose a custom transparency color

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: Transparent, non-glitched or shrunken inaccessible windows which can be interacted with and clicked.

Actual Results: Windows which only shows the upper top left corner, displayed as a tiny box. If there are buttons, they reportedly can't also be clicked or interacted with either.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Nearly every time for the effected players. I have had reports that clearing cache and skins folders has helped, along with restarting the game several times. But none of those are permanent fixes.
In other games? Only games which use transparency in they interface windows, I believe.
In other user accounts? All
On other computers? Some

When does the problem NOT occur? I believe it won't occur on certain machines, so it could be a directx problem, or it could be a Byond bug, I'm not certain.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds: Occasionally, clearing skins and ache folder and restarting the game several times can help, but often it does not.