ID:2282506

BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Firefox 54.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Recently, I've been trying to fix this bug where using any icon Scale() proc on icons that are located externally on a server (not in the .rsc) were not downloading to client's computers at all. My preload_rsc is set to 2 (Download all resources before log in). At the beginning of the server's life time, the server does it correctly but after a while, images don't seem to download anymore. But when you reconnect to the same server, they seem to reappear (They download at the beginning of the servers life time.) I thought this was from my own coding but it seems like this might be a dream seeker bug as it magically fixes itself when you re log in to the server.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Use Scale() on an icon that is external from the .rsc

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
card/proc
GetFieldSizeIcon(var/card/A)
if(!A.icon_Field)
var/icon/T = icon(A.icon_BigSize)
T.Scale(34,50)
A.icon_Field = fcopy_rsc(T)

return A.icon_Field

Called when the icon is needed.
icon = GetFieldSizeIcon(A /*Reference to a card object.*/)

Expected Results:
The icons should scale properly and download correct to a client PC and appear on that clients map.

Actual Results:
The icon scales but doesn't download to a client's PC and doesn't appear on the client's map. But expect result fixes itself when you reconnect to the same server.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime.
In other games? Unsure.
In other user accounts? Yes. My Players have reported this several times and I get it on multiple accounts I have made.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Only at the beginning of the server's life time but after sometime (unknown to me) has passed, it will start doing this.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Not that I know of sorry.

Workarounds:
Currently, you could use the matrix scale. The reason I don't use it is because when I tried it. Whenever Scale() was called, it would always stop working.
An alternative way to fix it is to relog on to the server or wait a very long time?