ID:2283377

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Descriptive Problem Summary: About a month ago I tried playing on byond again after a while. I remeber a AVG risk thing popping up and ever since I havent been able to get the BYOND to run correctly.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Everytime I run, even a administer, its either a error message, blank white screen, or nothing happens. Ive even went to excatly where its denied, and deleted the .png, but the error then will just state the next .png.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
Access to
C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\BYOND\pager\custom\alert-corner.png was denied.

Expected Results:BYOND to actually run.

Actual Results:Error, white window, nothing.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime, one of those three.
In other games? Not that ive seen.
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur? Not since I last played BYOND a while ago.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? Im pretty positive the build 509 (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds: Non that ive found

Best response
You need to:

1) Report the false positive to AVG.
2) Stop using AVG, because it sucks and has for a very long time now. (I used to use it myself, but I stopped when it became erratic. That was in the previous decade.)
3) Reinstall BYOND. One of the files it depends on was obviously quarantined by AVG or else one of its directories was messed up.
I just went into my AVG quarintine and i see no sign of any thing besides one thing for a completely different steam game. I dont think its AVG, ive even scaned the whole pager file many times with different anti virus and they all say its fine. And ive reinstalled BYOND atleast like 7 times now, and ive completely deleted everything BYOND off my computer and reinstalled.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: Oh well i think i found the problem, in AVG in the Ransomware Protection, BYOND is a blocked app, hmm, thats probably it.
AVG has been a piece of complete garbage for about 8 years now. It's time to switch to something that sucks a lot less.