Monstrous

by Manio
Monstrous
Two kaiju players battle it out while the human players try to survive.
ID:2286082

Monstrous is my latest attempt at finishing something for BYOND and due to how excited I am constantly about this idea, the chances of that happening seem extremely high.

Monstrous is a concept I've been wanting to try and tackle for a few years now and I finally said screw it and got down to it. The game is essentially an objective/extraction/survival game where two players at random are chosen to play as the kaiju (massive creatures, akin to Godzilla and King Kong) whom must hunt down and kill the human players before they complete a series of objectives and extract from the city that the kaiju are destroying.

Each kaiju has their own abilities and weaknesses when it comes to their destruction causing ways. The human players are completely un-armed and are more set on the task of surviving, hiding from the destruction and getting the hell out of dodge by refueling a generator somewhere random on the map and calling in evac.

The kaiju players battle it out with each other while destroying the city and killing the people before they evac, or they can work together to kill the humans off.

After the last human dies or extracts the game ends and only kaiju can kill other kaiju.
---
Monstrous has a credit system and for each game you finish you're awarded credits which can buy new human characters to play as, or to buy new kaiju when they're released.

The game will initially launch with four kaiju to play as and those include, Jinjera (A spiny-lizard who can spit acid and is covered in red spines. Loosely based on Godzilla), Dromante (A large squid-like kaiju who can ensnare fellow kaiju and humans from a distance with his tentacles), Rugaru (A bear-like kaiju with massive claws and he can leap incredible distances) and Charchar (A great-white shark kaiju who can spray torrents of ocean water from his mouth and essentially flood bits of the map).

It's also launching with one map at the start which is set in a fictionalized version of Japan. The maps will be large and be covered in random spawns for objectives so each experience is hopefully different when you play the game.

Hence only releasing one map for the initial release of Monstrous. It's a simple concept and I can't wait for people to start playing it.

Closed alpha testing will begin shortly and for now, here's a screenshot to tide you over.

few too many cherry blossoms, however I am hype for this game.
In response to Avidanimefan
I had some more people bring that up, so it has definitely been reduced haha.
It's shit
In response to Oscuro Cosmo
Oscuro Cosmo wrote:
It's shit

Like your face.
Avidanimefan wrote:
Oscuro Cosmo wrote:
It's shit

Like your face.
This face pulls white girls.
It's shit like this: http://www.byond.com/games/Avidanimefan/ KagenoOdoriRiseoftheTengu
Oscuro Cosmo wrote:
Avidanimefan wrote:
Oscuro Cosmo wrote:
It's shit

Like your face.
This face pulls white girls.
It's shit like this: http://www.byond.com/games/Avidanimefan/ KagenoOdoriRiseoftheTengu

Weird. My shit is still 100x better than your "creations".
Even kids are born knowing that's not true. Slap yourself. I refuse to bless you with my presence any longer.
Oscuro Cosmo wrote:
Even kids are born knowing that's not true. Slap yourself. I refuse to bless you with my presence any longer.

k.
You guys can keep the cock measuring out of here.
So any progress on this since the other day?
Seems like a pretty simple concept to code. I'd be willing to write some code (free Of Charge) to get your game up and running.
Avidanimefan wrote:
So any progress on this since the other day?
Seems like a pretty simple concept to code. I'd be willing to write some code (free Of Charge) to get your game up and running.

All of the objective code is finished. Just gotta finish up minor systems and finish mapping the first map and boom playable alpha.

Cool. Estimated date?
Not a clue!

Login to reply.