ID:2287629

I'm looking for information on how clients can automatically reconnect to the server if the server hosting the game restarts. I think clients automatically reconnect if dreamdameon restarts the hosted session but what about a full on OS restart. Is there a way to do that? I'd search for it myself but every search I perform takes at least 30 seconds.
Finding that I can use the WebClient inside an iframe and then have a 'Reconnect' link outside the iframe which allows users to manually reconnect by reloading the iframe. That should work well enough for my needs but I'd be interested in other alternatives if anyone has em.

Is it possible to have the players install a local connection server on their own machine and make a call to have it run when they're logged out of the game by the server?

The local connection server could be constantly sending messages to the main server address and when it detects that it's alive, it tries to move the client back to it before shutting itself down.

I know you can spin up new servers locally from the main server, but I'm not sure about doing it remotely through a client. That's the only caveat.

Edit:
That, or you could just have a local server acting as the login game client that stays on while the player is playing the game and when the server shuts down for maintenance it'll Topic the player back to their local game client.

I think using a local server as a game client wouldn't be that bad, but I can't imagine how robust it would be.