ID:2297246

Hello! So I've recently started learning python and I've finished the tutorial videos and such... I now understand the syntax of python but I don't feel like I can do complicated stuff, just simple things.

Now what should I do?
As with any skill, it takes practice to increase your proficiency in that skill. It isn't just obtaining knowledge that is important, but also implementation.

What I recommend is thinking about what you want as an end product. Once you have a general idea of what it looks like, start building your project's foundations and gradually fill in the fine details as it starts to look more and more complete.

It's important to start small, as large-scale projects will demand a lot of energy and time. A small project can be expanded as well, so there's that benefit.

So, in short, think of what you want, determine the steps required to get there code-wise, and then put your knowledge to work. It's okay if you don't know some things as well. Code can be optimized and made more efficient later.
THAT MAN IS AN IMPOSTER!!
I'm the REAL Kumo!!
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
THAT MAN IS AN IMPOSTER!!
I'm the REAL Kumo!!
Kumonii
Kumorii

But I agree with Mr_Goober.
Large systems are just a small things working together, with trial and error you'll be able to improve your logic and end result overtime by achieving a understanding on the benefits of doing things one way over another, as their uses could be applied elsewhere as needed/wanted.

You can think of the 'small things' as the simple steps you take in a procedure/function to achieve the desired effect/result. Overtime it becomes obvious on what you need to achieve whatever comes to mind.
After learning some of the syntax I went ahead and jumped on https://www.codecademy.com/ . It taught me alot and hopefully will help you the same way.