ID:2297438

BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 62.0.3202.29
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Something happened and some tile got into a state where it being viewed by the client caused a crash.

Meaning that we had a bunch of players in one spot stuck because their clients would crash, they would reconnect, and their client would crash again the moment it downloaded the map.

Faulting application name: dreamseeker.exe, version: 5.0.511.1385, time stamp: 0x594200b3
Faulting module name: byondcore.dll, version: 5.0.511.1385, time stamp: 0x5942004b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000652a5
Faulting process id: 0x6208
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3359c047407f7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\dreamseeker.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\byondcore.dll
Report Id: 493d1cc8-a18f-11e7-a798-6805ca088e14

I got a few trace logs as well as a full packet capture, I'll be pming you those lummox.
This could potentially be coder error like something dumping 5 billion overlays since I couldn't figure out any way to inspect (or even narrow down) the tile causing the crash (something I would normally do to rule out stuff like that before sending bug reports) and the crash happened too quickly for me to be able to know the memory usage of DS even with a 0.5 second refresh rate in process explorer.

I can say that there is no slow down before it happens, everything renders properly, i move into range, 1/4(ish) of a second goes by, it crashes. Normally excessively full tiles and/or excessive overlays trigger a slow down, a lockup, followed by a crash a few seconds later. This is just shit was working -> shit is crashed with no warm up or foreplay.

Between the trace and the packet capture I sent you it should be easy for you to figure out if its something stupid like that or if it's something worth fixing.
Bump, it happened again.