Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Reading/writing invalid filter vars could cause a crash. Additionally, the len property of the filters list was not accessible and caused the same crash.
\o/
The final issue I was struggling with was the RESET_TRANSFORM issue, which I made a separate post for. I believe you were actually seeing crashes in both issues: one from the filter stuff, one from the flag.
Neat, thanks! I'm glad to have been of service.
This bug is still happening at 1389
Inutaishos, I'll need a test case, especially if you have anything that can show this in a reliable way. I can tell you for sure I fixed the issue Kumorii had and the much weirder one that I found right after it. There may well be another cause, but I'll need a case for that and maybe even a separate thread.
I will try to test it in a new source to make sure, its hard to tell what exactly causes this cuz I am testing in my full game; but, basically the maptexts with more filters are now animating fine, however if you keep that going for a while, the dream seeker crashes;
I tested it with only one filter, the crash still happens;
basically have 5-10 maptexts animated in your screen with a filter and it crashes;
(that happens during Azusa's level up)
In response to Inutaishos
I used the code from your last test case and started spamming the heck out of it, before the fix to that went live, and nothing happened anymore.

Now it is possible something went amiss; to tell you the truth I can't be sure why the fix for your case worked as well as it did. The old code shouldn't have been causing problems, although the new code is better anyway. However after I made the change I was unable to reproduce the issue, whereas before I could always get it to happen after the first couple of tries.
Joining a game with the byond beta, that uses alot of animate, still crashes the dream seeker, even if that game isnt using the byond beta;
So probly its something toward heavy use of animate...
(tried playing this game: http://www.byond.com/games/DoughyOne/Psiforged )
I'm gonna need a test case, something I can reliably reproduce.
Ah yeah, anyone trying to play Psiforged using the new beta crashes after a while. And I still can't seem to run the project in the new beta after compiling it. Sadly, I haven't yet been able to find the cause, but the game does use animate() very heavily, and it does have some maptext in use.
Inutaishos, I found code in image handling that was similar to what was causing the RESET_TRANSFORM crash I handled in id:2299101. It's possible this would explain your continued problems, and if so I think this should be fixed in 512.1392. However if you still experience issues in that build, it's vital to get me a test project.
Page: 1 2