ID:2298887

Was anyone else unexpectedly brought up to Firefox 57 today? I was pushed off guard by the new user interface - still not sure I'm in love with how everything is positioned (reminds me of Chrome's minimalist GUI) but I'll give it a few days. What I can't give a few days is having almost all of the Add-ons I use being disabled. I almost forgot what it was like to browse the Internet without an Ad Blocker active. Eck! While I get my userscripts ported to TamperMonkey, check out what developers have been adding on!

BYOND

BYOND 512 has debuted for those willing to brave the uncharted waters of new and potentially dangerous features! Filters, modifiable operators, new operators, new screen_loc references, visual contents, string indexing, and more await testing, implementation, bug reporting, and maybe a tutorial or two! A whole collection of snippets could be brought up to par as well. What's next for BYOND Dev Lummox JR? When he can break away from the wave of bug reports, downloadable content has broken ground and may be ready to go once the site and hub are informed how to handle it.

BYOND Games

Pixel Realms is more than halfway to their $500 a month Patreon campaign goal, funding their latest projects. Spires of Agartha is set to release next month, with map makers busy planning out the world, and off-site project Severed World is looking towards a demo in December. Check out the latest updates on their Patreon page and though their Discord channel.

Medics drop the group's fatality rate in the latest edition of the survival shooter Feed. A medcrate placed by the medic heals friendly players during the blood bath waves. Then Kumorii's latest video shows off the Rhino charge skill possessed by the tank class. Keep up with their progression on their Discord channel, where a new leaderboard tracker can be viewed.

In case you don't follow comments, Gambrinus, creator of the text-based RPG Everheart, may be looking to do some closed testing this weekend. Fan the hub to get notifications when the call for testers goes out.

Inutaishos is polling around for sentiment on how training in Azusa: The Olympians War can be improved. Current results favor aided trainings. Frankly I'm not really sure what that would entail. On the plus side, the majority seems to favor active game play methods over single click and mindless button mashing progression.

Kozuma3 has picked back up on Paradoxus, sharing visuals produced by the BYOND beta filter features. How's that for a perspective change?

Kumorii is working on a side project... but there isn't much information available yet, so let the speculation begin: Perhaps Hamsterman?

For those who may be looking to recall some BYOND memories in their near-future free-time, the hub page for Teridal is now also home to a classic Sekia (Teridal's predecessor) server!

Facebook
Discord
IRC
Reddit
Wonderful progress going about BYOND lately. Thanks for always doing such a great job keeping us updated, Higoten!
stopped using Firefox back when Pimpzilla stopped working (2010 I think), Probably one of my favorite browser themes ever... #BringBackPimpZilla
I'm still on 55. Not sure how you ended up going to 57 but if it tries to pull that crap on me, somebody's getting slapped.

Firefox 57 appears to be pretty disastrous at this point. I don't know why they're trying to push it so hard before the full suite of WebExtension APIs they'd need is even available. ABP will definitely update to WebExtensions, but they're planning to do so closer to 57's release date.

Still, EVERY one of my extensions is legacy. Most of those are for reverting the interface to pre-Australis because Australis is sewage, but some are vital. While I suspect I don't need userscripts to do anything they can't do in GreaseMonkey, so TamperMonkey will be okay, a lot of other extensions are going to go away and I'm not going to take that well.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'm still on 55. Not sure how you ended up going to 57 but if it tries to pull that crap on me, somebody's getting slapped.

Firefox 57 appears to be pretty disastrous at this point. I don't know why they're trying to push it so hard before the full suite of WebExtension APIs they'd need is even available. ABP will definitely update to WebExtensions, but they're planning to do so closer to 57's release date.

Still, EVERY one of my extensions is legacy. Most of those are for reverting the interface to pre-Australis because Australis is sewage, but some are vital. While I suspect I don't need userscripts to do anything they can't do in GreaseMonkey, so TamperMonkey will be okay, a lot of other extensions are going to go away and I'm not going to take that well.

by the way, did you ever find any of the old BYOND hub files? There are a lot of long lost BYOND games im trying to get my grubby little hands on for public consumption.

#ByondPreservationProject2017
In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
by the way, did you ever find any of the old BYOND hub files? There are a lot of long lost BYOND games im trying to get my grubby little hands on for public consumption.

IIRC those were all converted to Member files and automatically setup as downloadable (but hidden, so they can only be accessed by the hub) when we moved away from the hard-coded zip storage a long time ago.
Firefox keeps asking me to update and I say no every time. I'm probably really far behind by now.

Edit: I just got the forced update. I like it.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

IIRC those were all converted to Member files and automatically setup as downloadable (but hidden, so they can only be accessed by the hub) when we moved away from the hard-coded zip storage a long time ago.

how does one get them? outside of asking the members directly (most of which disappeared long ago)
Spires is not Within BYOND so why are they being posted here and top spot at that? They are being made with Vlocity
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Spires is not Within BYOND so why are they being posted here and top spot at that? They are being made with Vlocity

Wrong.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:

Severed World is being made in Vylocity. Spires of Agatha Christie is being made in BYOND.
ah sorry for that then. carry on!
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
Spires of Agatha Christie

Help me I can't breathe.