ID:2299322

Hello, everyone. There's a reason for this: the fundraising https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lkgames/ concutio-historia
It seems nobody is fond of pixel art anymore. I did my best. In the story, the game was 44% ready. This game was my motivation for a really long while. For like year and a half.
Now let's get to business.
If this fundraising campaign doesn't reach its goal or get enough for steam greenlight, I'll be making this auction.
If you win this auction, you will be receiving, not only the code, but the sprites, music and the modified LK Engine 5 that allowed me to develop this game. I would give you the resumed story, if you want to continue it.
Now I intend to get the funds for drawing tablets from this auction.
In the past months I've been making a team for game development, I just wanted results with Concutio Historia. The drawing tablets will be destined for a new project I have on mind. The newest version of my engine DGE (Decent Game Engine) will be the base. I've worked in a new kind of graphics which I'll call "Minimalist Vectors". For this, me and my team intend to do hand-drawn sprites.

The auction will start on october 15th, starting at $220 USD.

You can offer me the money by messaging me at my fb: https://www.facebook.com/ScottyXXAccentCorePlusR
I'll be making an online stat table of who offered more.

Stay tuned for more LK games. Stay cool, stay dandy, stay alive.
Don't give up, mate. Even if the kickstarter fails, you can still try to make money.
Brutal honesty - It looks like you didn't market the game close to at all, kickstarters are successful when you have a following who pushes other people to push the game. Shares>Backers which = more backers.

On another note, the game looks extremely unpolished and doesn't leave me wanting to see more (just my honest opinion). I would say, don't sell it, keep working on it and make it something you would feel comfortable presenting in person to people.

No hate intended, just my point of view. Keep keepin on, indie devs rock!
Not wanting to pile on, but if I can just respond to this line:

It seems nobody is fond of pixel art anymore.

People are plenty fond of pixel art.

Derek Yu has a great pixel art tutorial series. I'd strongly recommend it for teaching you basic form and shading techniques.

Also, use of color is super important to making your art look good. Just plopping down bright and vibrant colors everywhere doesn't work, especially when you are tossing out dull, low-contrast backgrounds that clash with your foreground colors.

If you can't do high quality pixel art and animations from scratch yet, you should look to emulate NES and Gameboy games' art restrictions and styles. You'll get a lot further along with it.

Don't give up. Look at your project critically and get some feedback from outside of BYOND. It'll open your eyes to why you need to push forward rather than just scrapping it and trying something completely different.

Your kickstarter will fail for a large number of reasons. Most of them of a presentation/marketing nature. It sounds like a mean thing to say, but here's where you've gone wrong:

You've overbilled yourself. You haven't developed the skills needed to be considered a professional worth funding. Kickstarter isn't a place where beginners go to learn. It's a place where people with a proven track record and unique vision go to sell an idea.

You are still way behind the point where you should be saddling yourself with the burden of crowdfunding.
😂