Kage: Rise of the Tengu

by Avidanimefan
Kage: Rise of the Tengu
Ninjas, Demons and super powered fights! Will you rise or fall? Kage : Rise of the Tengu! (Anime,Naruto,Bleach)
ID:2300252

Most of the magic goes down in discord!

Discord

Latest Updates

-Added the professions (classes) and the passive benefits for choosing a class. Currently, there are 5 to choose from, each with their own specific strengths.

-A lot of gameplay tweaking.
-Added some new hud elements for keeping track of stats.

-Nailed down how obtaining elements will work.
-Added defeat to the game ( essentially you are defeated, and can wait to be revived or send yourself back to the village). Death consequence includes loss of resources, sen,ryo and money.
-Added corrosion and melt as ailments, they target the weapons and armor of the person afflicted with it. Essentially breaking armor prematurely and decreasing the sharpness on your weapons.
-Added in some part related hud elements.
-Players can create squads. Squads will help all members gain experience faster, as well as a few other bonuses.

-Added Phoenix Scroll (revive self or others), it is currently the only other way --other than being a medic to revive players / self
-The ability to accept missions while in the field by using a messenger bird.
- Got some more direct experience with enemies and combat. Due to this I nailed down the HP / Threshold I want the enemies to be at.
-Fixed a few minor things.
-Opted out of roaming enemies on the map, there will be some, but for now you can trigger when and where you want fights to happen.
-Added Treasure chests to the game. Can give resources, money or items.

-Nailed down some specifics on party play. I want parties to actually carry benefits, so i made some headway on that.
-Discovered that the game is pretty well balanced, anytime I can take down 6-7 enemies with HP 3X higher than mine (given the right tools and tactics)
-Nailed down some of the "getting started" items the player will need, and provided means to get them. May tweak this more later, depending on player input.
-Added puppet scroll item--allows you to summon a puppet.
-Decided to expand combat even further to support different styles of play (such as trapping foes, weakening them, etc)
-Finished parallax scrolling test for the tree travel mini-game.

-Completed all the weapon skills for weapons (finally).

This just a bit of what's been done.

Stay in touch via the discord link (mentioned above).

-Avid
One of my son's therapists was here when I was reading through this. He said the art style reminds me of A Link to the Past... sounds like a hell of a compliment to me. :)

I'm not quite sure what is "parallax" about that scrolling background though. Is there a different gif of it with the foreground visible?
Doesn't look like it, but it's actually made up of 4 layers. Each is moving at a different speed.
The foreground layer is the one that is absent from the image. It's also the one that would be moving the slowest if it were present.
In response to Avidanimefan
Oh I see it now! It was just a little hard to see because of how fast it's moving. :p It looks good man, keep it up.
Thanks.