ID:2302566

The 512 beta has remained my focus this week, with most of the attention going towards bug reports. A few issues with visual contents have been reported, as well as some more map editor issues, and I've been dealing with those. I really wanted to get the fix for that out immediately, but other changes require some further work so that will have to wait till Monday.

One big change that will come in the next build is that operator overloading wasn't actually working for all kinds of datums as claimed; it was only working for direct datums, which is to say not for atoms, images, etc. Now this has been expanded so that all datums are supported. This needs more testing, which is one of the reasons 512.1390 is not coming today.

Also for operator overloading, the >> input operator is supported--the return value from operator>> is the input value, and there are no arguments when called this way--and I've added support for the output operator's proc to call ..() for regular output behavior. That too needs testing.

Filters still need to expand their atoms' "margins" so that the server properly recognizes them as out-of-bounds objects (when applicable) and also so the client-side culling code doesn't yank the object out of the icon list prior to sorting. Ideally I'd like to get that change into 1390 too, but we'll see.

However on top of bug fixes, I've also been trying to spin up on the webclient to add support for new 512 features there: namely filters and visual contents. While I'm at it I really need it to support PIXEL_SCALE from 511. The filter code is going to be a pain, because I've never really worked with GLSL and it has some limitations vs. the shaders I've been working with, so a bit of a learning curve there is to be expected.

Halloween is coming! Time to get started on your awesome theme games, or in Kumorii's case keep working on Feed. And not every game has to have zombies--time was when ghosts and vampires made excellent villains, and neither of them sparkled. But if you want them to sparkle I'll try to pretend not to judge.

IT'S SPOOPY TIME.
IT'S SPOOPY TIME.
IT'S SPOOPY TIME.
IT'S SPOOPY TIME.
IT'S SPOOPY TIMES.
ITD SPOOPER TUMD.
IHD SPOPER HURMA,
IGT SODWR JUMT/

*collapses and starts foaming at the mouth*
Any progress on the sine/cosine filters?