ID:2305097

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Warning: further proc crash messages are being suppressed to prevent overload...

Can this feature be removed, or can we get a toggle on a per Dream Daemon basis to disable this feature? This feature suppresses runtime errors until the world is rebooted and is an annoying hindrance.

Edit: Or better, the suppression could only apply to the error that's constantly showing up? Either way, the goal is to make it so we can always see what runtime errors are popping up.

Edit: On the same note, how about making it so that newer runtime errors show the full error stack instead of being shortened? I think this has to do with the above feature, but after a while, you only see the error description and the source file. This is not helpful.
FKI wrote:
Edit: On the same note, how about making it so that newer runtime errors show the full error stack instead of being shortened? I think this has to do with the above feature, but after a while, you only see the error description and the source file. This is not helpful.

Feed -verbose into the command arguments of DreamDaemon to disable this.
yes, both things are disabled with -verbose
In response to Skull132
Skull132 wrote:
FKI wrote:

Feed -verbose into the command arguments of DreamDaemon to disable this.

Command arguments? (This server is using Windows.)
In response to FKI
And you can do commandline arguments in Windows. Either start the DreamDaemon from CMD/a shell with your choice of arguments, or make a shortcut and add -verbose to the Target line and then start like normal, via that shortcut.
I see. Appreciate it.

/closed
That's still a terrible solution that shouldn't be necessary. Especially because CLI arguments on Windows aren't even properly documented (IIRC?).
This is true.

And the cli is shit, args come after the world but you can't specify that you want to just launch the dd window without a world and have args. so you can't just do -verbose to a dd shortcut in windows, it thinks -verbose is the world to run.
This is true.

And the cli is shit, args come after the world but you can't specify that you want to just launch the dd window without a world and have args. so you can't just do -verbose to a dd shortcut in windows, it thinks -verbose is the world to run.

Funny because I was going to ask how I could get around these issues when the solution was presented; I bit the bullet though.

Still I feel a toggle inside DD itself would be nice, but it'd be so low priority that it'd get lost anyhow with the lack of demand.
your issues are with windows being shit really.
In response to Optimumtact
Nah. The issue is 100% BYOND here.