hi guys try aseprite
In response to Mickemoose
Mickemoose wrote:

hi guys try aseprite

Actually, I will have to give it a try; those are some fancy features.


trying to bust chops when your garbage Spiderman has one hell of a lazy eye and two broken legs
South's actually got really great technique. Nobody should be calling him out for being bad at pixel art. He's absolutely amazing at what little he does.

He just doesn't make game ready assets, and doesn't use pixel art programs often enough to contribute to a discussion about the merits of the tools, and can't manage to get out from behind his own insecurities for long enough to attempt to contribute to a discussion that doesn't involve riding his own underutilized dick.

I'm not going to even begin to argue that I'm better than him at pixel art. Just that his opinions are garbage.
This topic has me weak.




Ter13 said:
South's actually got really great technique. Nobody should be calling him out for being bad at pixel art. He's absolutely amazing at what he does.

He just doesn't make game ready assets [...]

Just that his opinions are garbage.

This.
In response to Mickemoose
Mickemoose wrote:

hi guys try aseprite

Where the hell did this pixel art come from?! Did you just get leagues better! Nice work Moose!
In response to MysteriousProgrammer
i went into exile
(for real tho my team left byond and since i was the programmer on here, all my time is spent on art instead now so ive had practice)
In response to Ter13
Travylleb wrote:
None of these pieces was done outside MSpaint and DMI. before I even attempted Pyxel edit work.
All of those pieces are subpar, flat, all over the place and lack detail. Literally showing how using 2programs with barely any features does nothing for you proving my point.

I suggest people stop posting their art made with mspaint and dmi to try to prove a point... I'm only gonna tell you the truth about your work and hope you make better life decisions from this day forward.

Ter13 wrote:
@South: If you had done more than two pieces of pixel art over the last decade, you'd know that you EITHER get to accuse me of plagiarizing, OR get to accuse me of ripping something off in 8x8 when the original works were 16x16 or better.

I know you don't know the difference between these two concepts, but every literate person does.

I love your chest-beating ignorance. It makes my point for me harder than any shitpost I could throw at you.
So, just because I don't post every little thing I do I don't have work all through my computer? I also don't have sketchbooks full of drawings and art studies right? Seems Legit... You clearly know so much about me.

So someone can't be accused of Plagiarizing and ripping something off at the same time? Didn't you take something shrink it a bit and pass off as your own saying

The tools don't make the man.

Was this not you? The tools didn't make you... copying Zelda, castlevania and suikoden or maybe dragon quest did right?

Zagros5000 wrote:
Southend been working on a base for 4+ years Ÿ‚ :eyes:
I've been working on multiple bases and finished them... What your trying to explain is I've been polishing old work for 4+ years. Something I always do which is why there's always 4-7 versions of things I create. Its called progress.

But for awhile now I've been working on my sketching and drawing skills... more important than pixel art.

Flick wrote:
Those are pretty amazing original characters there. You should try to market them.
Do you honestly think I don't have original characters in my sketchbook? Or original character concepts on my computer?

Switching spidermans gender and making him an archer with a little emo sass = original. Hell, Magneto and Charles Xavier were based off Malcolm X and MLK creating original characters(most of which are based off real historical figures) isn't that hard. You to old to be saying dumbshit Flick.

Unwanted4Murder wrote:
trying to bust chops when your garbage Spiderman has one hell of a lazy eye and two broken legs
Is this a serious response? He has a lazy eye and two broken legs... The dude with the screen name of a school shooter doesn't know what a eye squint is and never saw a person kneeling before... I'm shocked... SO SHOCKED!



I'm not really shocked... I ended yo goofy ass months ago.

Ter13 wrote:
South's actually got really great technique. Nobody should be calling him out for being bad at pixel art. He's absolutely amazing at what little he does.

He just doesn't make game ready assets, and doesn't use pixel art programs often enough to contribute to a discussion about the merits of the tools, and can't manage to get out from behind his own insecurities for long enough to attempt to contribute to a discussion that doesn't involve riding his own underutilized dick.

I'm not going to even begin to argue that I'm better than him at pixel art. Just that his opinions are garbage.
I don't use pixel art programs often enough to contribute to a discussion about merits of the tools... But... I'm currently the best pixel artist in this topic and have used multiple programs like mspaint(trash), pro motion, photoshop, paint tool sai, gimp, dmi(Trash), Pyxel, grafx, aseprite, chara maker 1999(My favorite pixel artist abysswolf uses this program) and countless other programs besides graphics gale. So how don't I use pixel art programs often enough to contribute to this discussion? I even tried out Edge2 which would be my program of choice if they ever made a english version. There's also multiple other programs I use for pixel art like tiled, rotating tools and a program that randomly generates textures(poor quality but its good to have something to work with instead of a blank canvas) I've literally tried countless programs anything to give me an edge and make the creating process easier and faster.

Anyone that can only suggest mspaint doesn't use pixel art programs enough to contribute to this discussion and my opinions about pixel art programs comes from years of experience and experimenting with multiple programs... Something everyone here clearly lacks.

Do you wanna tell me again how I don't use pixel art programs often enough to contribute to this discussion?

Yall better come at me correct.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
abysswolf

dat abysswolf name drop doe mmmm gets me hard just thinking of him
In response to Southend_boi
Could say the same thing for your static shock, but it may have been a bit insensitive of me, attacking of verbally a stroke victim. As your spiderman, looks like he was late for work and just put on the suit without ironing it and why does his kneeling leg look messed up.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
Do you honestly think I don't have original characters in my sketchbook? Or original character concepts on my computer?

I'm sure you do. I just found it funny that you chose to post those two pics in the same post that you talked shit to Ter about his 'plagiarizing', 'stealing', and 'lack of creativity'.

Your work is way too good for you to feel the need to put down other peoples. I'm sorry for whatever has happened to you to make you feel like you do.

You to old to be saying dumbshit Flick.

Never too old for that. ;)
In response to Southend_boi
Didn't you take something shrink it a bit and pass off as your own saying

I'd like you to try to prove that I've done that.

Here's a sketchpad of roughly nine months part time work while juggling multiple commissions per month, writing code for myself, working a full time job, teaching, and repeatedly fucking you in the mouth every time you open it. (I run a tight schedule). This is a tiny sliver of this year's work. This is only my Pico8 and DB32 work. I've got dozens of other commission sheets sitting on my HD and other experimental art projects I've shown to maybe 1 or two people. Hell, a big chunk of the art that goes with this set is still on my work PC and I can't be assed to remote in and grab it.





That's just a raw sketchpad I doodle in. They get bricked up into asset sheets and auto-imported into DM in a batch with tools I've written.

The job is simple. Prove that I've plagiarized anyone else's work and passed it off as my own. Find a single asset that's been directly lifted from someone else's game and "scaled down", as you say.

The irony is that you can't because:

* You don't know anything about the history of pixel art, and don't know anything about the era of videogames I'm directly influenced by.

* You don't understand how game-ready assets actually work because you've never made anything that's of any use to anyone.

* You aren't interested in actually proving that I'm a fraud. You just wanna shout it because you are an empty piece of dickless human garbage.

* All of my work is done by hand.


You aren't even addressing anything that anyone has actually said. You think you are, but you are like usual just going off script because you are too stupid to follow a conversation longer than a few words. You are just being a piece of shit for zero reason.

Enjoy it. Your mouth was full of shit before I finished pinching one off in it.

You are a bully. I like picking on bullies. It's fun because it lets me get the malice out of my system without actually hurting anyone that people give a shit about.

Do you wanna tell me again how I don't use pixel art programs often enough to contribute to this discussion?

There's a reason you are showing off two pieces of work and doing nothing but shitposting in every thread you are involved in.

You wanna make dumbshit assertions like I'm a thief? You get to live with mine that you don't do shit. The difference is I've actually got the ability to prove you wrong. You don't because you are all shit talk.



Anyone that can only suggest mspaint doesn't use pixel art programs enough to contribute to this discussion and my opinions about pixel art programs comes from years of experience and experimenting with multiple programs... Something everyone here clearly lacks.

If you go back and read the thread, I said I use it because it's fast, does most of what I need, and I don't feel the need to migrate. I didn't suggest it or ever recommend it, you illiterate idiot. I specifically steer people to GraphicsGale and Aseprite when they are just starting, but I tell them they don't need the bells and whistles, and most of it straight comes down to time and effort.

You felt the need to call anyone who uses it out as trash. You are wrong. You are just wrong. There are plenty of fantastic pixel artists that prefer mspaint over anything else. Program preference means fuck all for your skill. You act like what you use is what makes you good. You are just a vile, overstuffed idiot. That's all. Nothing you say or do will ever matter as long as you act like this, because nobody will ever hire you to be part of any kind of team, and nobody will ever commission you a second time because you are an unbelievable ass.
I can't believe how this discussion has turned out; sorry Hiead.
In response to Lilius
Lilius wrote:
I can't believe how this discussion has turned out; sorry Hiead.

What do you mean? This is a glorious shitshow. 11/10.

@BellendBoy: You didn't "end me" or whatever bullshit you said (you're literally the only person on my block list and I don't give enough of a shit to log out to reread your comment; I'm only here to see Ter spunk on your face). You used a personal picture of me and I found it distasteful, so I blocked you and moved on. No use in arguing with a shitposter.

ps your Spiderman super dooper looks like shit. Like specifically that Spiderman. In general I think your art is actually really good but I can't stand that Spiderman, it's garbage.
In response to Lilius
Lilius wrote:
I can't believe how this discussion has turned out; sorry Hiead.

ditto.
In response to Ter13
Them pixels though.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Lilius wrote:
I can't believe how this discussion has turned out; sorry Hiead.

ditto.

Hiead has been working on a suite of tools to improve DM's workflow for developers. Point wasn't "Which tools do you like." Point was: "What specific things do you like/dislike about the tools that are out there."

Like usual, South's only here to derail and make an ass of himself while missing the entire point of the thread.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Kumorii wrote:
Lilius wrote:
I can't believe how this discussion has turned out; sorry Hiead.

ditto.

Hiead has been working on a suite of tools to improve DM's workflow for developers. Point wasn't "Which tools do you like." Point was: "What specific things do you like/dislike about the tools that are out there."

Like usual, South's only here to derail and make an ass of himself while missing the entire point of the thread.

Oooh, I didn't actually realize why he was asking, I thought he just wanted to get into pixel art.

In that case..
@Hiead the single biggest feature that I love about GraphicsGale is that Right Click is the color picker by default, which speeds up shading and just coloring in general quite a bit, so I don't have to fiddle with switching tools or dragging my mouse all the way over to the palette.
My favorite feature about GG is the layers.
magic selection cursors with tolerance settings are always handy.
Page: 1 2 3