In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
magic selection cursors with tolerance settings are always handy.

Also contiguous/non-contiguous selection. I like to be able to select everything of a certain color range regardless of whether it's touching what I clicked on as an optional toggle. One of the things I use a lot in photoshop.
Well then we're all in agreement.

Hiead, we want you to make a free version of Photoshop but with only the Pencil, no brush.
In response to Mickemoose
Do you have any more character concepts you haven't pixeled out?
In response to Lilius
Lilius wrote:
Well then we're all in agreement.

Hiead, we want you to make a free version of Photoshop but with only the Pencil, no brush.

There's actually a pencil feature in Photoshop, you knew that right? A lot of Pixel Artists use Photoshop, because why not? The interface and tools are so good. I haven't got used to but I can see why. I use Graphicsgale personally because of it's Easy-to-use features. For animation I think it's amazing - Onion Skin! That and color picker with right click which is so handy.

I haven't used DM in ages for Pixel Art but I have noticed the updated tools.
In response to Flick
Travylleb wrote:
Could say the same thing for your static shock, but it may have been a bit insensitive of me, attacking of verbally a stroke victim. As your spiderman, looks like he was late for work and just put on the suit without ironing it and why does his kneeling leg look messed up.

You couldn't say a damn thing about anything I made... I'm beyond any critique or suggestion you or majority of the people on byond think you'd be able to give me.

You don't know what creases are? Sigh... Time after time you byond game devs prove your ignorance about creative choices... I added creases to add to his pose because he has creases in the reference I used.

http://www.followingthenerd.com/site/wp-content/uploads/ Captain-America-Civil-War-Spider-Man-Shield-Official.jpg

Please stop saying stupid shit to me.

Flick wrote:
I'm sure you do. I just found it funny that you chose to post those two pics in the same post that you talked shit to Ter about his 'plagiarizing', 'stealing', and 'lack of creativity'.

Your work is way too good for you to feel the need to put down other peoples. I'm sorry for whatever has happened to you to make you feel like you do.
What I showed wasn't game art it was personal pieces I created because I felt like it and its always good to create things to show off in a portfolio cause who doesn't like spiderman? Not even close to what Ter did... But stealing and plagiarizing has never been frowned on within byond so calling someone out for it might seem foreign to you all.

Naw, when it comes to art people need to be put down so they strive to better themselves... When you surround yourself in a bubble of mediocrity where everyone says what you created is good you don't better yourself to improve what you created because, you say, "This is good enough" and move forward creating the next mediocre flat piece that has little to no detail.

It doesn't matter what I create to me its trash and it can always be improved. I've had people tell me in the past what I created was good and praised me for it but if I had listened to them I wouldn't have improved and I'd still be creating the same mediocre garbage I was back then.

The truth hurts more than a lie.
You to old to be saying dumbshit Flick.

Never too old for that. ;)
Yeah, you keep proving that.

Ter13 wrote:
Didn't you take something shrink it a bit and pass off as your own saying

I'd like you to try to prove that I've done that.

Anyone that'll time the time out to google Zelda game art will see what I'm talking about... I don't really give a shit since it wasn't my art.

Here's a sketchpad of roughly nine months part time work while juggling multiple commissions per month, writing code for myself, working a full time job, teaching, and repeatedly fucking you in the mouth every time you open it. (I run a tight schedule). This is a tiny sliver of this year's work. This is only my Pico8 and DB32 work. I've got dozens of other commission sheets sitting on my HD and other experimental art projects I've shown to maybe 1 or two people. Hell, a big chunk of the art that goes with this set is still on my work PC and I can't be assed to remote in and grab it.

I didn't ask for your life story... I don't really give a damn. That work should have taken you 2-4hrs at most. Majority of it has no detail and its small, that's literally the easiest art you can do lol you didn't even have to choose your own colors since you use Dawnbringers palette.

Also, serious question... Whats with you and all the homosexual gestures? Is it some type of internet fetish thing you and others have fantasizing about other men? Considering how long you've lived its safe to assume you don't say things like that in real life. So, are you emboldened because your anonymous? Are you acting out homosexual fantasies bi-curiously through "trolling"?

But... Like I was saying everything you did would take me a couple hours probably even less so please stop brandishing like a badge of honor.

Prove that I've plagiarized anyone else's work and passed it off as my own. Find a single asset that's been directly lifted from someone else's game and "scaled down", as you say.
Anyone familiar with Zelda and pixel art see's exactly what you done. You already posted the proof.

The irony is that you can't because:

* You don't know anything about the history of pixel art, and don't know anything about the era of videogames I'm directly influenced by.

* You don't understand how game-ready assets actually work because you've never made anything that's of any use to anyone.

* You aren't interested in actually proving that I'm a fraud. You just wanna shout it because you are an empty piece of dickless human garbage.
There you go again making bullshit claims... You know I don't know the history of Pixel art how? Obviously I know something since I could tell where you got your "influence" from... So either I don't know shit I do which is it Ter?

If I got paid to prove anything I'd do it but since I'm not you're right... Im not interested in proving shit, I put the info out there and anyone interested can look it up and be the judge themselves.

* All of my work is done by hand.
You heard it here first folks... If you do the work by had yourself you can't plagiarize. More of that Ter13 wisdom lol ss that in the Byond Bible?

You aren't even addressing anything that anyone has actually said. You think you are, but you are like usual just going off script because you are too stupid to follow a conversation longer than a few words. You are just being a piece of shit for zero reason.
That's funny since you keep throwing out corny ass insults about how im such human garbage and for some strange reason you continue with the homosexual gestures which makes me suspect you or being a closet homo. It honestly seems like your projecting but I must tell you Ter... Im a man of God and I do not swing that way.

Enjoy it. Your mouth was full of shit before I finished pinching one off in it.

You are a bully. I like picking on bullies. It's fun because it lets me get the malice out of my system without actually hurting anyone that people give a shit about.
This is the internet... None of this shit matters Ter. When I turn off my computer or set my phone down you don't exist and when you talk about releasing malice on the internet it sounds like conversations like this are what keeps you from shooting up a concert or a church.

So, its safe to say im saving people right?

There's a reason you are showing off two pieces of work and doing nothing but shitposting in every thread you are involved in.

You wanna make dumbshit assertions like I'm a thief? You get to live with mine that you don't do shit. The difference is I've actually got the ability to prove you wrong. You don't because you are all shit talk.

There is a reason... Because those are the last things I uploaded and I don't bother uploading everything I make hell sometimes I forget to save my work and have to restart... The last thing I lost was some grass edges, Cliff edges, some buildings and a explosion animation but eh you can say I don't do shit I honestly don't care. Its the internet its not like I'll ever see you.


If you go back and read the thread, I said I use it because it's fast, does most of what I need, and I don't feel the need to migrate. I didn't suggest it or ever recommend it, you illiterate idiot. I specifically steer people to GraphicsGale and Aseprite when they are just starting, but I tell them they don't need the bells and whistles, and most of it straight comes down to time and effort.

But they do need them... You saw the trash Travy posted just trust me he needed it. No one should ever attempt to animate anything without a onion skin/animation preview. No one should ever attempt to create a tile without see how that tile looks repeated.

You aren't qualified to tell anyone especially someone that's just beginning in pixel what they need and don't need.


You felt the need to call anyone who uses it out as trash. You are wrong. You are just wrong. There are plenty of fantastic pixel artists that prefer mspaint over anything else. Program preference means fuck all for your skill. You act like what you use is what makes you good. You are just a vile, overstuffed idiot. That's all. Nothing you say or do will ever matter as long as you act like this, because nobody will ever hire you to be part of any kind of team, and nobody will ever commission you a second time because you are an unbelievable ass.
No, I know what you said and if you remember what I said I told people not to listen to a subpar thief about art tools... I was talking about you there's no need to hide it. Also the topic says, "hey pixel artist" I just don't know if you qualify for the tile of pixel artist.

Its a fact... I know a bunch of artist and every single one of them uses the programs I mentioned not 1uses mspaint and I only know of 1artist that uses mspaint and that's a japanese artist that also uses another program to create animations which is of course counterproductive.

There are plenty of fantastic pixel artist that prefer mspaint... lol, and you know this how exactly? Have you spoke to them? Can you name some of these fantistic mspaint artist? Are there any on byond? Please point me in the direction of a fantastic mspaint pixel artist. Program preference means everything when it makes your job easier and ofcourse every artist that I ever spoke with said using a program made for pixel artist helped them improve so... It kinda does.

It doesn't matter how I act and when people hire me for commissions the only thing that should be discussed is the work/project, my capabilities, price and payment method anything else is unneeded energy. I don't care about politics or what you believe or how you day was business is business and I don't have to like you and vice versa for me to get the job I was hired to do done.

I can tell from this discussion you act like a emotional female.

Unwanted4Murder wrote:
@BellendBoy: You didn't "end me" or whatever bullshit you said (you're literally the only person on my block list and I don't give enough of a shit to log out to reread your comment; I'm only here to see Ter spunk on your face). You used a personal picture of me and I found it distasteful, so I blocked you and moved on. No use in arguing with a shitposter.

ps your Spiderman super dooper looks like shit. Like specifically that Spiderman. In general I think your art is actually really good but I can't stand that Spiderman, it's garbage.

So, you started a argument with me and my response rustled your feathers so much that it drove you to block me... Sounds like I ended you. I got you so emotional that you blocked me lol and now your jumping into a discussion between two men that has nothing to do with you(can you even do art) but I didn't end you? okay...

Oh, my spiderman looks like shit... Make better then, I'll wait.

Don't just talk shit if you can't do better or improve the art your critiquing. That's not how this thing works.

Put some RESPEK ON MY NAME!
Anyone familiar with Zelda and pixel art see's exactly what you done.

And how exactly would I get a different perspective by downscaling? All zelda art features outlines. None of mine do. All of my assets are in 3/4ths with a significantly modifed projection from any of the 2D zelda games, because ALTTP/OA/OS/LA projection makes gameplay somewhat unintuitive.

There you go again making bullshit claims... You know I don't know the history of Pixel art how? Obviously I know something since I could tell where you got your "influence" from... So either I don't know shit I do which is it Ter?

You know I don't know the history of Pixel art how?

You accused me of stealing from Suikoden and Castlevania.





I don't have to prove you don't know anything, because you are accusing people of theft from games that look nothing like the art I showed earlier in the thread. You have proved that point already.











The fact that you would compare any of this to Suikoden or Castlevania in your attempt to tell me I'm stealing proves you don't know the material you are accusing me of stealing from.

As for limited palettes and not choosing my colors, that's another reason you don't understand the history of the medium. I emulate hardware limitations of the 1980s and early 1990s specifically because I find that style to be both visually appealing and the games that I still play and enjoy today were made at that time. I do it because that era of gaming was explicitly more interesting to me owing to the lack of focus/budget for high detail pixel art.

When we're talking about making pixel art for games, your spoderman shit using 80+ colors in the palette is just one style of pixel art. Low fi and low spec pixel art games are not only wildly popular, but visually appealing to a wide range of people. Just because you apply yourself to a more digital style of art doesn't instantly make you better. You are better than me at pixel art, I'm not denying that. But you also don't seem to understand that the process and the limitations themselves breed innovation and interesting ideas spring from that.

Your attitude toward pixel art is myopic, elitist, and more evidence that people really shouldn't listen to what you think. Simply put, your opinions are garbage and are purely a product of your lack of exposure to the wider gaming/pixel art ecosystem and other people in general.

which makes me suspect you or being a closet homo. It honestly seems like your projecting but I must tell you Ter... Im a man of God and I do not swing that way.

Whats with you and all the homosexual gestures? Is it some type of internet fetish thing you and others have fantasizing about other men? Considering how long you've lived its safe to assume you don't say things like that in real life. So, are you emboldened because your anonymous? Are you acting out homosexual fantasies bi-curiously through "trolling"?

I'm openly queer. Good job working that out. It's not like I haven't made that clear over the years. Don't worry though, I only sleep with the sentient. I'm not making passes at you. I find your lack of reasoning skills and basic literacy enthralling, but in a purely non-sexual way.

I'm not at all blown away by your homophobia and misogyny. Kind of undermines your constant whining over perceived racism at every encounter.

You literally can't understand that the hierarchy you build around everything you do is what makes you a toxic, awful person. Having to shit on anyone or anything you consider yourself better than doesn't actually highlight your skill. It just destroys your character and poisons any chance you have of actually having any kind of career or lasting influence on anything.

Just ignorant.

We're done here. You can't call me a thief unless you can provide the piece that I directly stole from. The distance between pastiche and plagiarism is vast, and unfortunately lost on the butterknife you call your wit.
First off, 'Creases' aren't supposed to be that defined which gives that crushed fabric effect which makes the suit looks like it's made from polyester instead of Elastic, in which I see in the current spiderman reference you presented me. Secondly go to any pixel art site, perhaps pixel joint and they will tell you that indeed that leg is fucked up.

Don't come at my art, when every one of your bases looked like you used 'My Teenage robot life'cartoon as a body reference for all your bases and your detailed facial work of your past look like actual stroke victims, long face and all. I've always tried to use different styles, for the pieces of the work. however, every project I've seen from you in the past years look like the same style of art. I'm not saying you're bad at all. just say don't put yourself on a pedestal of a god, when you're not up to par with a king. (which I'm far from.)


Secondly, you're shooting homophobic jokes when you're being called out on being a piece of shit, just shows exactly how much of immature, unethical and all-around difficult person to work with.
Real talk, I'm being a piece of shit and I know it. Sorry Hiead. South wanted the gloves off, so I indulged him. The more light you shine on his statements, the faster they fall apart.

He can't defend any of his points in depth because he makes sweeping accusations and generalizations as a point of fact because his worldview is purely black and white. Black and white worldviews typically come from a position of pure ignorance.

The more you hold him to what he says, the more he acts like he's above proving his point while throwing out random statements claiming that he's proved his point already. He's good at pixel art. I'm not even going to criticize his work. It's good enough for what it is. I don't care about his skill though. It's his capability to be of benefit to anything or anyone he's involved with. Which, historically has been nonexistent, otherwise I'd have his buddies all up in my ass by now. There's no squad coming to his aid, so I can only assume there is no squad at all. Even Baird/Shane have a squad and they were unequivocally garbage people.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Real talk, I'm being a piece of shit and I know it. Sorry Hiead. South wanted the gloves off, so I indulged him. The more light you shine on his statements, the faster they fall apart.

He can't defend any of his points in depth because he makes sweeping accusations and generalizations as a point of fact because his worldview is purely black and white. Black and white worldviews typically come from a position of pure ignorance.

The more you hold him to what he says, the more he acts like he's above proving his point while throwing out random statements claiming that he's proved his point already. He's good at pixel art. I'm not even going to criticize his work. It's good enough for what it is. I don't care about his skill though. It's his capability to be of benefit to anything or anyone he's involved with. Which, historically has been nonexistent, otherwise I'd have his buddies all up in my ass by now. There's no squad coming to his aid, so I can only assume there is no squad at all. Even Baird/Shane have a squad and they were unequivocally garbage people.

In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
-Lots of 'Godly' stuff-

I'm sorry. It'll get better eventually, I promise.
I like GraphicsGale but there's one problem that bothers me: the fact that transparency color does not work properly (or I can't get it to work). Assets always come out with a background and there is no real way to erase (because the transparent color isn't actually transparent).

Any other pixel art program suggestions? As long as it supports transparency intuitively, I can deal. (Right-click to select a color for bonus points.)




Edit: I just tried out Pyxel Edit and it's cool but a bit confusing -- it seemed to be geared towards tiles and I wasn't sure how to toggle that off. Also lacked various useful tools GG has so I passed on it.

Gonna try out Cosmigo in a minute.




Edit: Cosmigo is the truth!
Asesprite!
Baird has Squad? That guy is a hairy piece of shit floating in the toilet
Page: 1 2 3

Login to reply.