ID:2307557

http://www.byond.com/games/Taint_thewizard/PokemonUltra

How much people sincerely even like Pokemon :(
Me. I've always kinda wanted to go back and make a play-as-the-pokemon style game like i started making when i joined byond.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Me. I've always kinda wanted to go back and make a play-as-the-pokemon style game like i started making when i joined byond.

but don't you bash fan games, guess the reason you didn't ever go back and make one is cause you'd end up a hypocrite.
In response to Ganite
A lot of the people that don't approve of the anime community don't actively hate fangames. I'm not a huge fan of some of the attitudes in the fangame community, but I still keep an eye on their work and I hope they have the same kind of success as any other developer; I just think it's a very dangerous line a lot of them are walking and it's only a matter of time before one of them really gets nailed to the wall by one of these IP holders.
i bash on unoriginal fangames and fangames that clearly try to pretend they're not fangames. if someone were to make a non profit fan game with entirely original content i would not bash it.

unfortunately entirely original fan games are scarce to none around here and it's always offended riptards that take offense/problem with it.

that said, fan games can be loads of fun to make so long as you don't take it too seriously and remember that you're using a technically stolen IP.
Its all intended for fun. Not planning on working on this really. Plus, its open-source so others can learn from it. I had a few PM thinking this is something I am passionate about, but really I am passionate of BYOND. I wanted to showcase the power of the program.
Pokemon go is still a thing... I think.

Login to reply.