ID:2308883

Not a bug
BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 56.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
I changed computers and on my new computer Byond would not open. It would appear in the Task Bar when i Ctrl+Alt+Delete, but the window would never appear. After a bunch of digging around i disabled all programs that start when windows turns on, and Byond now worked. so one by one i tested to see which program conflicted with the game. The Result was Sonic Studio 3 by Asus.:

1. Turn on Sonic Studio 3
2. run Byond launcher.
3. Observe result
4. Close Byond from the Task Bar ( Ctrl+Alt+delete )
5. Close Sonic Studio 3
6. Run Byond Launcher
7. Observe Results:

Byond should open correctly both times.:

When Sonic Studio 3 is running Byond will open in Task Bar but will not Open. When Sonic Studio 3 is closed, Byond opens corretly.:

Does the problem occur:
Every time: Yes
In other games: No
In other user accounts: Yes
On other computers: Havent Tested on multiple Devices

When does the problem NOT occur? When Sonic Studio 3 is closed

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?: Not Tested

Workarounds: Close Sonic Studio 3:

You're reporting this in the wrong place. This is a bug in Sonic Studio 3, not in BYOND, and that program is known to interfere with others.

Found this in a quick search:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/ showthread.php?93672-bug-sonic-studio-lags-programs-and-inpu t-devices

If that program impacts games with huge studios behind them, it has the potential to impact all kinds of others.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
In response to Lummox JR
Copy that, I just wanted to bug this because there are lots of people on the forums asking for help with what looks to be the same issues, and there is no support from the devs on the matter.
there is no support from the devs on the matter.

That's because it has nothing to do with the devs (of which you're speaking to the sole dev, may I point out ...)
I think he meant the sonic studio dev.

Both are probably going to insist that the other is the one at fault, TBH.

In all likelihood it's probably some mangled piece of code in a microsoft legacy api somewhere that's actually the problem, and the 1099 H1B who wrote it is blissfully unaware and blameless.

I'M ON TO YOU RAJESH!
In response to Ter13
Asus is of course equally likely to have hired an H1B.