ID:2314218

Earlier last night, I was playing Goonstation when it suddenly disconnected me. I was like "okay, time to reconnect."
Once I attempted to reconnect, Dreamseeker said 'connection failed', which then in a split-second after changed to 'Dream Seeker might have a problem connecting to BYOND.com', etc. standard fare.

I initially thought it might be an internet problem, but my internet was okay everywhere else - so I tried another server, Yogstation, thinking it was just Goon.

Okay, that gave me the same error - I tried Colonial Marines. Same thing.
I went to this website to find solutions - I tried the activex thing, I reinstalled, rebooted, tried the beta and the public release, messed with preferences, cleaned just the cfg and cache files once, checked my firewall, checked my anti-virus and added an exception (Kaspersky), and none of it worked. I had exhausted all my options when I decided to post here.

However, just before I did, I wanted to see if it was just a problem with SS13 specifically and not other games.

I checked another game, one I used to play - Misuterii High. The only two servers had 0 players in them. I clicked one, it downloaded resources and suddenly... hey! it worked.

I found that strange. I checked another BYOND game, Super. I tried playing in a server with 77 players in it. Didn't work, it gave me the same connection problem. Then, I scrolled down and found a server with no players in it. I attempted connection, and that worked!

I joined another "game", Iconshare, with 3 online players. It also worked. Thinking the issue had fixed itself, I tried LLJK US2 again (Goonstation), and it gave me the same error as before. I was dumbfounded.

Now, I'm trying to see if anyone here can help me with my issue.
I use Windows 7, my firewall has an exception to BYOND already, I have the latest version of the BYOND beta, and I use Kaspersky anti-virus (paid, exception to BYOND added). I did not install anything last night (11/11/2017), the connection just cut very suddenly in the middle of an AI round.

Please help!