ID:2317523

It's a short week, so I'm gonna keep the news short too.

More bug fixes have been in the works this week, along with a lot more work on optimization. I really wanted to get 512.1396 out before the holiday weekend, but time has flown by and it's been a crazy mess of a month, so I think I should wait on that just a little longer.

In the optimization department, I suspect I may have eked out better performance from a number of key routines. Yes it's a big deal! I'm hoping that games like SS13 in particular will see noticeable improvements from running the new beta. How noticeable? Well we're not talking about ginormous gains, but maybe a few percentage points knocked off, and in a tight loop with lots of proc calls the differences have a chance of being more substantial. Time will tell.

Next week development may be in fits or even interrupted completely depending on what comes down the pike, thanks to a massive inconvenience that has come up. We'll see what happens there, and it may turn out to be nothing. Fingers crossed!

Place your bets now as to whether I'll get the tree up Sunday. And don't forget to use your holiday time to relax and play games with your shiny new BYOND Membership. Maybe crank out some code you've been meaning to do. 'Tis the season for dusting off old projects and making them look nice for Christmas.

My annual parade live blog event begins tomorrow morning over on my blog. Get your pumpkin bread ready. Have a happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
My wife put up the tree Thanksgiving morning while I was at work. I think she would celebrate Christmas year round if she could.

Long read on the blog. Slacking on NaNoWriMo? :p
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
My wife put up the tree Thanksgiving morning while I was at work. I think she would celebrate Christmas year round if she could.

My wife leaves that to me. She was born in December and her mom didn't start celebrating Christmas till after that, so it's a pretty short window for her. My mom always started playing Christmas songs in September.

Long read on the blog. Slacking on NaNoWriMo? :p

No, but I'm definitely behind on the story, even though my word count is nearly at the 50K already. I need to get some serious writing in, and maybe some planning.

But the good news: the old NaNoWriMo aphorism proves true again: when in doubt, add ninjas. I did that in the first book and he was humiliated. In this book he's a serious problem.
I had to implement a no christmas themed avatars until after thanksgiving policy on /tg/'s forum. people would be putting xmas hats on their avatars before halloween like mad men
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
I had to implement a no christmas themed avatars until after thanksgiving policy on /tg/'s forum. people would be putting xmas hats on their avatars before halloween like mad men

how oppressive. ;p
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:

how oppressive. ;p

I love it.