I noticed that not much in the way of using HUD/client.screen for an inventory system existed. And those that do exist, don't take into account, saving/loading, item stacking, or sometimes dragging/dropping within the inventory, and rarely item swapping within the inventory.
This resource does all of that. I've only done comments on the Item/Inventory system, since that's the primary focus. If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please feel free to page me or leave a comment.
My ultimate goal with this, is to make it as comprehensive as possible. Meaning, it'll do pretty much anything an actual game's inventory system can do.
- Saving/Loading system
- Basic pixel movement system + macros
- HUD-based inventory system
-> Dragging and dropping
-> Pickup/Drop items
-> Item stacking and non-stacking
- Splitting item stacks
- Multiple inventories (as in bags?)
- Found and fixed a bug where if you dropped an item on the same bag slot it was already occupying, it would disappear (from trying to stack with itself, and being deleted).
--> I also forgot about mouse_opacity being a thing, and decided to implement it in this version. There should be much less calls to the mouse related procs now.
- Found and fixed a bug with dragging and dropping items
- initial release
Nov 27 2017, 9:00 pm