ID:2319942

Logs:
BYOND Error:(Sfile.cpp,1138) failed to open file: BYOND Error:(Sfile.cpp,1138) C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\\data\memo.sav BYOND Error:(Sfile.cpp,1138) failed to open file: BYOND Error:(Sfile.cpp,1138) C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\\data\player_saves\a\\info.sa v BYOND Error:(Sfile.cpp,1138) failed to open file: BYOND Error:(Sfile.cpp,1138) C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\\data\player_saves\a\\info.sa v BYOND Error:(Sfile.cpp,1138) failed to open file: BYOND Error:(Sfile.cpp,1138) C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\\data\player_saves\a\\info.sa v

Problem description:

At some point, seemingly for no reason, BYOND becomes unable to read save files. The error you see above is repeated anytime you try to open a savefile. The problem is not fixed until a server reboot but then there are no issues. The error does not always start with that particular savefile. There doesn't seem to be any trend of runtimes coming before these errors. Sometimes the server will run without hiccup except for this and sometimes there'll be a large number of runtimes before. It's hard to gauge but this problem will happen on average once every 20 restarts at least, but sometimes occurring consecutively or spaced by much more.
What the hell is going wrong and what can I do to fix it?
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\\data\player_saves\a\\info.sa v

This looks like ss13 or a ss13 fork.

Was this line modified by you at all? because that wouldn't be normal save file path as is.

Anywho, generally runtimes with "byond error" in it should be reported as a bug report in the bug report section.

you'll have better luck there.
Yeah I removed the project name and ckey of the save file.
I just realized that I put in \<projectname\> and \<ckey\> but it got parsed out.

And yeah, it is from SS13.
My suggestion would be to make a bugreport over here: http://www.byond.com/forum/?forum=5 the byond dev reads that section more often. and it seems like this a issue in byond.

If its not a byond bug it could be an antivirus conflict. You could exempt byond or the data folder in your anti-virus and see if that fixes