ID:2324131

I downloaded byond after receiving a new laptop which came preloaded with Windows 10. I've been able to reach game hubs via the launcher but every time I click to join it sends no error message, and doesn't connect me to the game. This also doesn't allow me to choose a game from the website or direct connect with an IP.

Things i've tried

-redownloading byond
-Activating activeX filtering in IE
-Connecting to several different IP's and several different games
-adding byond to my firewall whitelist
-turning my firewall completely off and trying to connect
-changing from Stable and Beta versions of the byond launcher
-Disabling "Windows Defender"
-Making sure I have IE
-talking to other people who use Windows 10 and have no problems

Whenever I try to connect to a game/server i'm not given an error that I cannot connect/have any other errors.
It's happening exactly the same thing to me. Please, I don't want to install Windows 7 again, I just wanna play BYOND...
Have you tried joining lobbies by copy-pasting the byond:// link on the pager?
I'm using Windows 10 (and have been since its release) and have never had this issue. I don't think your issue is with Internet Explorer. I never changed any settings with IE when I first installed Windows 10, nor did I let it migrate any settings/whatever. Basically, I never touch it.

I think your issue is with your firewall(s)/antivirus(es). When using antivirus, you need to make sure you add an exclusion for dreamseeker.exe, byond.exe, and if you host games, dreamdaemon.exe (I add an exclusion for the entire BYOND installation folder). For any firewalls you may have, you'll need to add rules in them to allow outgoing/incoming traffic from all 3 of the aforementioned .exe files in the BYOND installation folder.

Once you have done all that, you should be able to connect to games and/or host games without any issues. Redownloading BYOND certainly helps. You could also try clearing the BYOND Cache from the pager by clicking on the cog in the top right corner, selecting preferences, clicking the games tab, then clicking the Clear Cache button. Just in case some corruption happened somehow.

Anything beyond that is on you to figure out since none of us know you or your computer.

Login to reply.