Dimension Warriors Online

by Chumble93
Anime inspired sandbox PVP game. Create a character, live a life, survive the universe.
ID:2329422

Poll: Should Aura Colors be random?

Yes 25% (2)
No 75% (6)

Login to vote.

Hello everyone! If you are reading this you must be interested in my progress I have been able to make since the last development blog. Well, I would really like to say I have done a lot, but unfortunately that is not the case. Between my schooling and other obligations, I have not found much time. However, I have managed make some small changes. One of which being a much needed interface change. My previous color scheme was an eyesore, not even going to lie. I have went with a brighter color scheme now and it seems to really make it more appealing. I also redid the way my menu worked. Nothing visually changed in that aspect, it was code changes.

I have also been messing with a Aura system. It may not seem like much, but how can you have this type of game without auras, am I right? I was hoping for some feedback on how they should be assigned though. Right now I am assigning a random color to the player at creation,but I thought some people may not like that aspect and would want to choose their own aura color. So, input on that would be nice. I don't really want to reveal too much on exactly how the auras are going to work, but I will say it's going to be different than they are handled in most games I have seen.

photo screenshot login.png

photo screenshot name.png

photo screenshot race.png

photo screenshot cp.png

photo screenshot build.png

photo screenshot main.png

photo build after.png
I always liked the idea of color meaning something in both film and games. Maybe you can implement some kind of actual in-game meaning to the aura colors that players can indirectly control ala Star Wars' lightsaber colors:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystal
That is a really interesting idea and would definitely add depth to the game. I like it and it wouldn't really be too much more to add something like that to what I am already working on rather than having the player choose or just be assigned a color with no purpose other than aesthetic. I appreciate the feedback and idea Ter
Your view is way too huge imo. Everything else looks like a nice start.
Thank you for your feedback Avid. I would agree the view is way to big. I will make it smaller when I release. Right now it's kind of convenient for testing honestly.