ID:2330299

Today is the last official development day of 2017, and I've spent this week getting a few things shored up.

High on my priority list was making sure an ongoing issue faced by some Space Station 13 servers can be resolved, so today I released version 512.1401 that reverts one of the changes from 1396 that I feel is almost certainly the culprit. I searched high and low to find out what could be the cause and couldn't come up with anything, but the symptoms are consistent with something being wrong with the new proc queue. Other changes were also made in 1396 that could be in play, but the proc queue being messed up would explain things in a way the other optimizations could not. That was as simple as turning off a #define flag, so I'm trying that and we'll see how it goes.

I managed to rescue a file I was working on for the webclient some time ago to move more of the parsing onto the client end. After looking at it I can't help but wonder if I should just start over on that mini-project. But anyway the webclient still needs support for visual contents and PIXEL_SCALE, so those have to go in soon.

Hopefully I can get the last big webclient issues shored up early in 2018 along with making sure things are good and stable for the SS13 community, and make 512 the new stable version.

Huge thanks to everyone who's been a part of supporting BYOND this year through your Memberships and donations. They were hugely important and will always remain so.

I hope you've all got fun plans lined up for the holidays, time off for BYOND gaming included. Nothing says season's greetings like welding a clown into a locker. Light the tree and gorge yourself on cookies and candy canes, for the season of caloric regret is finally here. And for once, it looks like we're gonna have some acceptable snow to go with it.

To all of you, I wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Merry Christmas! (:
Merry Christmas