I need some help, tips would be nice lol...

I don't really make nature-type stuff like trees and all of that so this is my first time and I've never been good at shading, idk i just suck lol.

Here is what I have done

If that's a rock then it is pretty readable as a rock, but it wouldn't be in perspective for a top-down game and the shading looks kind of like when you sketch with a pencil.

Try to think of shading more like; what parts of the rock are pointing upwards(if the light source is above) and what parts aren't.
I usually go with 4 colours.
Step 1 - Use dark colour (2) to make a general outline of the shape you want it to be and fill it.
Step 2 - If you think an area is pointing upwards, make it mid colour (3).
Step 3 - Any part in the mid colour zone that you think might curve quickly, make it the light colour(4) since during its curve it probably directly faces the light source, and if it is a reflective surface like smooth rock it will cause a highlight.
Step 4 - With the darkest colour(1), try to put it in places that could be blocked from the light source by its own body.
Stuff facing roughly towards the south (not down, but more towards camera) will still be the dark colour(2) you started with.

In the example below, I put the light source above and a bit to the west because things like rocks and trees often turn out odd and not dynamic if the light is directly above it, since it takes away too much contrast.

Pixel art is tough because your brain often thinks of stuff in a more complex way than what can fit in a 32x32 image. Be simple and chunky with it, try and prioritise perspective above anything else, draw what is touching the floor first if you have to and then build up from there. Good Luck.

In response to Gigarax
Thanks man, means a lot.
In response to Gigarax

Lol! I thought the same thing too shortly after making it but originally the idea was to make the design more bumpy to help illustrate the role of each colour to coincide with the write up. I'm glad people are checking it out.
Step by step pics of the process now with a different looking rock. This rock is actually a better size as well since the previous one would be man-sized if the player is also 32x32.

Step 1 - Make an outline of the space you want the rock to occupy, fill it in with your 2nd colour.

Step 2 - Using your 3rd colour, pixel in where you think the rock would be facing upwards and slightly to the west.

Step 3 - Using your 4th colour, place thin lines where you think a rim could be, such as where the rock goes down suddenly (a hard edge) but don't overdo it because it will lose readability quickly if it becomes like a chess board.

Step 4 - Add the 1st colour, this provides contrast (so it looks cool), place the colour around areas you think are facing towards the ground more. Imagine you are holding the rock out in your cupped hand - where your hand would be touching it is likely where you should apply the colour - plus places your think would be more enclosed.

You might want to also add cast shadow so that it looks like it isn't floating, this is just 1 extra colour, make it a desaturated (nearly grey) blue/purple. Try to keep this consistently the same colour for all cast shadows where the light conditions are normal.

Some quick 3 colour grass to really set the scene a bit more for demonstration purposes.
very helpful