ID:2336342

Hello Readers! Welcome back in 2018, and with the new year comes new developments and events - both here and beyond - or perhaps as the Chinese say "May you live in interesting times", so lets see what interesting happenings are going on here!

BYOND

BYOND Developer Lummox JR is getting back into the swing of BYOND Development; well, after he recovers from a nasty cold. However, a new release made it out that address a few bugs including a larger precision limit on num2text, big icons disappearing, and the return to the new proc queuing method.

BYOND Games

Gather around the campfire as X-ShinraTensei-X shares three tales of Densetsu no machi. The first tells the story of a stranded warrior squad who finds themselves face to face with an unnamable being. The second talks about greed. And the third preaches the stories of the gods and why the land has been plagued by the former terrors.

Acebloke is back with an update to Chrono Wars, the third installment of the Wargames series. Bugs fixes and interface advancement have been installed, mines help generate additional raw materials, job titles are important, and a change has been made to the subscription/free play model.

There is a rumor going around that IainPeregrine may be working on a successor to his single-player 8-bit RPG Regressia.

EvoSim keeps on growing, along with the size of its change log. Kayren fills in the details, and I might list a few of those here, but all I really understand is that a pause button was added. I suppose Rossmann Fold Motifs, DNA Binding domains, and epigenetic effects were added too, but I've never even heard of these terms before. Next on the development lifecycle is retrotranscription and viruses, but I've heard those are complex.

I'm not sure what all has changed in Taint_thewizard's RPG, Avalon, but while slightly less than a demo, looks interesting and not-at-all as I recall the game being.

I have heard from a rather reliable source that "There is also a rumor going around that Yut Put is working on a secret, but ambitious new project". Project speculation can now begin based on the fragment of a screenshot shown to the right!

BYOND Resources

• Can't figure out what is causing code to run amuck? Perhaps MrStonedOne's stack tracer can assist.
  • Overwhelmed in overlays? You're not alone. Yut Put shares his experiences and solutions for keeping overlays manageable.
  • One foot in front of the other... Albro1 has released Pixel Movement: Part 2 as part of his BYOND development video tutorials.
Facebook
Discord
IRC
Reddit
im trying to sleep
Higoten wrote:
There is a rumor going around that IainPeregrine may be working on a successor to his single-player 8-bit RPG Regressia.

How did you even find that hub? lol
In response to Unwanted4Murder
I made a tool some time ago that identifies changes made to hub pages, and finds newly made hub pages as part of that process.

I had originally made the tool to help locate changes made to games that maintain an in-game change log, but I've rarely gotten usable leads from the program (as those who maintain an in-game update log rarely increment the hub version/ other hub information, and when a change is made to a hub page, often information is sparse, not noteworthy, or has already been obtained from a more accessible location; Also in-game only change logs appear to have fallen out of favor recently), although it does find something worth mentioning every once in a while.
In response to Higoten
Higoten wrote:
I made a tool some time ago that identifies changes made to hub pages, and finds newly made hub pages as part of that process.

hubid is gr8
Make a mobile app already
Been awhile since I've been in the news XD

But AceBLOCK WutFace ;p
(:<