ID:2340623

So that was fun. 512.1404 turned out to have a few issues, which included not completely fixing a couple of image-on-turf issues in Dream Seeker, and breaking regular expressions while trying to fix something else. As a result, between that and the tail end of that cold putting me partially out of commission, I've been chasing my tail a bit this week.

Version 512.1405 is out today and it should finally put the Dream Seeker hanging thing to bed. Regular expressions that broke in 1404 should work again, since the code that changed has been reverted, but the ones that needed fixing in the first place should be okay now too because I changed the way non-capturing groups are handled. At some point I think I'm gonna have to rework the whole way that regex compilation is done, because it feels like that could be done a lot better.

Another issue fixed here was that the map compilation/saving updates for 512 still had one nasty gotcha left, but it only showed up on malformed maps that use a symbol that isn't defined. Those cases should obviously fail to compile but not crash the compiler, so 512.1405 fixed that too.

Remaining webclient work for 512 did not get started yet. (Surprise!) It's still planned soon. However I believe the biggest hurdles of stability are behind us, finally.

Remember, everyone, this is the weekend we train our stomachs to prepare for Superbowl Sunday. We'll have to swallow down meats, cheeses, dips, munchies, the fact that the friggin' Patriots are in it again, and a bunch of politically charged advertising from people who forgot Superbowl commercials are supposed to be silly and fun. Bring plenty of Tums, and also that papaya digestive enzyme you can buy at GNC. But in the meantime, don't forget to ransack that couch and send some spare change BYOND's way, because your support means everything; thanks so much to everyone who's donated or become a Member, and especially to Konlet for his contributions this month.