ID:2342470

Okay, hopefully that title's wrong, but boy has January been frustrating!

The regex bugs were still ongoing with 512.1405, prompting a new release which hopefully, finally, resolves all that. I'm still going to look into improving the regex compiler and maybe the interpreter too, because honestly I think it can be better.

Meanwhile there's still an issue with images on turfs that hasn't been completely cleared up. I'm at a loss until we can get some good test cases going, but I'm sure I'll eventually get that all squared away. The weird thing is, I've been conversing with FKI on this and his project can reproduce the problem every time--which has been typical of the turf hang bugs, fortunately--but the exact same code on my system does not. It's a weird one.

I'm getting back into the webclient stuff and trying to work out the whole visual contents thing. One of the tricky bits here is, atoms do a significant amount of caching in the webclient to avoid recalculations Dream Seeker can do more quickly, and I don't yet have a way to separate cached-without-visual-contents and cached-with, so that's something I have to throw together. Still, it could be worse. PIXEL_SCALE is looking like it's going to be nastier to figure out, just by the nature of the code I'm working with.

But hey! I've mostly stopped coughing, so that's good news. And part of the reason is a short course of prednisone, which also ought to make me good and hungry for Sunday. I'll be making my famous cheddar apple cheese ball for the game, and also Deflategate jokes because calling Tom Brady and Bill Belichik dirty cheaters never gets old. Of course, making it all the way to Sunday requires not being stuck in a recurring time loop, because you gotta watch out for those on a day like this.

Don't forget to raid those couch cushions for loose change, and thanks everyone who's had a hand in supporting BYOND!
Even when I'm not sick lately I can't stop coughing. Allergies are awful this year. But that's alright because

BIG DICK NICK GOT THE EAGLES A RING