Duel Monsters Cybernet

by DevDuelist
It's time to link into the Cybernet!
ID:2342962

Hi guys,

I am DevDuelist, I used to run a game on here called Duel Worlds and I have returned. I am unsure if I am going to 100% return as of now... but its looking likely since now I have some time on my hands (disclosing work), I can now return to working on this game in peace without having an interruption as much as I did before hand but there were some other things that kind of pushed me away but today is where I kinda tell all from what happened on my 5 month hiatus.

Firstly, I would like to thank Deviant Coder and apologies that he took most of the brunt for me a months ago. Though he did to protect me, he didn't deserve it but I am super thankful he did do that! I am going to explain why I did it however now.

The main reason is that I was going through a lot at the time it I did it. I was losing sleep, finance and sanity from working on more than 5 projects at a time. It hurt me a lot and also the fact I was getting death threats wasn't helping either though I am fine from that though it did hurt a lot. I was losing money and wasn't able to keep the server up so I had to let it die and in addition, my time on the game was being lost and I couldn't get it back. I cut myself off without telling anyone BUT DEVIANT CODER because I knew for a fact people would demand the source code off me and I cannot just give it away knowing that I could potentially come back and work on it again. I got hate for it but I knew either way, I WAS GOING TO GET HATE FOR IT ANYWAY. So I decided this route thinking I would go back to work on it one day... kind of a mistake now that I think about it.

A few months ago (November), I was considering on releasing the source code or trashing it but something told me not too. Something told me just take a break for awhile from game design then come back and work on something either brand new or continue working on Duel Worlds and the result of that is... I'm doing both because now that I have had a massive break from the game, I have new ideas and a better idea how I want this game to turn out. I will still be sticking with the Duel Worlds source code as between that and Duel Monsters Dimensions, That was the source I am most proud of.

I won't talk about the game today but for now, I am here and will be working on it for a little while before it goes back up but I can afford a server and will eventually start buying icons and getting them in the game as well so I can pretty it up.

Please note as well, this game will not be my only project, right now it is a priority but I am working on another game as well that I want to release so both of them will change with priority per week.

I understand if you don't want to play but any hate this game gets (not criticism, like actual hate) will result in an auto ban as I do not want that on this game anymore.
Good luck to you, if you need help hosting let me know.
We got a guy commenting here telling me what to do... sure mom.