ID:2350589

Descriptive Problem Summary:
When opening BYOND and clicking the "join" button for a server for any game, nothing happens. There are no errors and no indication anything has gone wrong except for the game not starting. I havce tried to join a server (in this case byond://byond.oraclestation.com:5000) and, again, the game does not start. I have completley uninstalled BYOND and reinstalled 511 again but it makes no difference. I have also tried running in administrator mode.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Run BYOND.exe
2. Click on a game
3. Click the "Join" button of a server
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
n/a

Expected Results:
Join a game
Actual Results:
The game window is not displayed
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
All BYOND games
In other user accounts?
Unable to test
On other computers?
No, it works on my laptop

When does the problem NOT occur?
It has occoured reliabally since yesterday
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Occours in 511, the beta, 510 and 509
Workarounds:
n/a
Moved to BYOND Help because this isn't really a bug report kind of situation.

If this started happening yesterday, you need to check to see if some security or antivirus software on your system is freaking out and interfering with BYOND. I would also open up Task Manager to see if the dreamseeker.exe process opens, and whether it stays open or if it closes on its own. If it's opening and then closing again, that's a strong sign of antivirus misbehaving.
I dont have any antivirus currently installed other than basic Windows Defender and it doesnt appear to be blocking BYOND. Clicking "Join" also does not open dreamseaker.
What is Task Manager showing you?