ID:2351768

BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
Web Browser:
Applies to:All BYOND programs

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Text input does not support the shortcut to delete words (CTRL-Backspace). Instead, a weird character is printed.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
- Open an input() prompt, the BYOND pager's "Open Location" text input control, Dream Deamon's text boxes, or any text input managed by BYOND.
- Enter CTRL-Backspace

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
N/A

Expected Results:
Words getting deleted.
Actual Results:
Unicode character 007F is printed.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? N/A
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Always occurs.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) Unknown. Every version from 510.1347 to 512.1405 does this.
Moved to feature Requests. The lack of this particular combo isn't a bug. TBH I'd never really hard of Ctrl+backspace deleting a word before, and I've been using word processors in Windows for most of 30 years. It maybe a pretty common shortcut but it's one I've never had occasion to use. Dan or Tom either apparently, or I'm sure they would've put it in.
It's a super common keyboard combo that honestly everyone should use especially when programming. Makes it much faster when you know how to use it efficiently and IIRC even DM supports this
In response to Somepotato
When writing code, I'm usually using only my keyboard, no mouse.

Hold Ctrl to operate on whole words instead of single characters. This includes deleting forwards, backwards, and moving the cursor with the arrow keys.

Speaking of moving the cursor with arrow keys, you can hold shift to select the text starting from where you started holding shift... except when moving up, as of v511: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2195147