ID:2353338

Code:

Problem description:

Moved from my create screen being a map instance to a non map setup. I managed to get all my buttons assigned and working but i cant seem to find any help or tutorials for getting my icon cycles to display over my create screen so people can see what hair or skin color they are selecting. Is the map setup the only way to do this or is there a tutorial on getting icon display to show as an overlay as long as i allocate it correctly? I dont want to revert back as this new screen has cut down on map clutter issues and allows a quicker load up. Thanks -PTRP
Sidenote the hair and body types cycle when you hit the buttons and proceed past create they still wont display though
There are various ways to achieve this:

Screen objects
-which is objects rendered on a players screen.
You can look more into this inside the reference under /client.

Interface
-you create interface windows to handle it.
You use methods as winset and winget to send and get values from the interface.

Browser
-you pass html code to a browser window, and it interacts with the game by trading values between html and DM

There is plenty of libraries and forum tutorials which addresses similar structures. There probably wont be a direct solution, but parts you can look at and inherit to your own solution. Search or look for libraries that handles one of the above and pick the one that you think suits you.

The browser one is not recomended by anyone i guess, as the process of doing something with it takes more effort and knowledge.

I would suggest a on screen system. You set up a object structure for the client, and the client alone. The tricky part is being able to write objects to the screen, but once you understand it, you will complete it in notime

Sidenote & a tip: doing client side operations, where each individual on the server/game has their own properties of rendered objects, you would never do it on the map. As in what you are trying to do here. That would cause objects to stack on each other and cause an inconvenience uppon everyone. And this is not something map is intended for in the first place :)
mob/player
var/tmp
obj/preview

ccOverlayLoad()
if(!preview)
preview = new()
preview.screen_loc = "IconDisp:1:15,1:16"
client.screen += preview
I cant seem to get it to allocate.. kinda pissing me off lol