ID:2353369

BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 64.0.3282.186
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you set a turf with an icon that overlaps another turf, while you move, the turf with the proc will flicker. Here is a gif https://i.gyazo.com/37ca4855cb69468eaf8390a515709219.mp4
(The turf at the center of the stone thingy is flickering)
I'm guessing the turf and the "stone thingy" have the same layer so they're just randomly swapping draw order, and it has nothing to do with the turf having an Enter override.
In response to Kaiochao
True, will edit the topic. But should it be swapping draw order?
It's impossible to diagnose this properly without a test case.
In response to NSBR
Try increasing the layer of the stone thingy.
In response to Kaiochao
Yeah, that solved it. But should the flickering be happenning either way?
In response to NSBR
If two things have the same exact layer, you don't really have any guarantee as to which one is drawn on top.

However, as far as I know, turfs should layer below movables with the same layer, and same-layer movables should be ordered based on their position in their loc's contents. (Also, objects in client.screen should take their position in client.screen into account... but the webclient does it backwards, so who knows.) So, if the stone thingy is an obj in the turf's contents, I wouldn't expect the turf to ever be showing up above it.
In response to Kaiochao
The stone thingy is actually the icon of a turf set on the left of the flickering turf
Kaiochao wrote:
same-layer movables should be ordered based on their position in their loc's contents

This is definitely not true, I observe same-layer movables (items spread across a table) flickering as the camera moves on a regular basis.