ID:2353786
 
(See the best response by Yut Put.)
Ok so, for context, I use objects as overlays often on several games. But, for some reason on one of my games, its no longer flicking the objects in question as overlays. Like, when I press attack, it doesn't flick them to the attack state, they just remain the same but the user still attacks. I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in dev help or bug report. Thoughts? P.S. This issue didn't start happening ti'll about a day ago.
You would have to provide with some code so we can see what causes the problem, as the problem could be related to a numerous of things.
I honestly don't know where the problem could be, that's why I didn't post any code.
You could probably start off by providing a codesnippet where you add the code, a screen shot of your icon with icon stats could also help.

And the code where the flick() function is used
Idk how to post screenshots on here, but there shouldn't be anything wrong with the code of the attack button. Literally nothing has changed with it.
There's actually several recent issues that have popped up, and I think this is a symptom. A bunch of objects that previously worked well, don't anymore. Like, visually they're broken up and stuff.
You're gonna have to post some code, copy and paste the code inside these <.dm><./dm>

Get rid of . before posting.

We literally can't provide any help without seeing the code to locate a issue.
The problem is that I don't know what code to post because there's no errors or anything coming up. I can't post the entire attack code because its long as hell.
In response to Narutogx2
The part where it uses flick() preferably.
I don't think its flick itself but the objects that are being used. But if it'll help,
                    flick("attack",usr)
for(var/mob/M in get_step(usr,usr.dir))
M.Counter(usr)
if(M.enemy)
The character flicks and everything but most objects that overlay it don't, and idk why.
Best response
Is this in the beta because icons were recently changed and it might have to do with a bug report i'm going to probably have to make today
I don't think so? I don't use betas. The version I'm using is 511.1385
In response to Narutogx2
when you say objects are you talking about swords and such?
Uhh...yeah, currently. but some other stuff has been malfunctioning too, like auras and stuff. They're disconnected in parts. But I'm talking about objs as overlays.
I'm gonna need some screenshots or gifs. Gyazo, ShareX, or LightShot.
Don't have any of those.
In response to Narutogx2
They're free. If you refuse to show us the actual issue then it can't be helped.
I've explained the issue in my original post. When i attack, the objects overlayed on me don't flick at all. Tbh it'd just be easier for u to come onto my game and see the issue.
I managed to find a workaround for it, the problem was I was adding an object onto someone besides the user of a skill, and for some reason unknown to me, it bugged a bunch of objects. The workaround I did was basically getting rid of the overlays/underlays. Btw, this is for a Bleach game, i should've mentioned that. I'll put >> next to the bugged areas.
mob
shinigami
verb
KageoniS(mob/M in oview(8))
set name = "Kageoni (Strike)"
set category = "Fighting"
if(usr.rei < 99999)
usr << "<b>Your reiryoku is too low!"
return
if(usr.safe)
return
if(usr.InKageoni)
usr.rei -= 100000
>> M.underlays += /obj/ShunsuiShadow
>> M.overlays += /obj/ShunsuiBlade
sleep(10)
var/damage = usr.attack * 3 - M.defense / 2
damage = usr.DamageCheck2(round(damage), "Atk")
damage = M.DamageCheck(round(damage), "Atk")
if(damage < 1)
damage = 1
M.health -= damage
if(usr.FirstActOn&&M.FirstActUsing)
usr.health -= damage
view(usr,8) << "<b><font color = red>[usr] was hurt by their own attack and was dealt [damage] damage!"
usr.Death(M)
view(usr,8) << "<b><font color = red>[usr] hit [M] for [damage] damage!"
M.Death(usr)
>> M.underlays -= /obj/ShunsuiShadow
>> M.overlays -= /obj/ShunsuiBlade
>> M.underlays -= /obj/ShunsuiShadow
>> M.overlays -= /obj/ShunsuiBlade
In response to Narutogx2
Narutogx2 wrote:
I managed to find a workaround for it, the problem was I was adding an object onto someone besides the user of a skill, and for some reason unknown to me, it bugged a bunch of objects. The workaround I did was basically getting rid of the overlays/underlays. Btw, this is for a Bleach game, i should've mentioned that. I'll put >> next to the bugged areas.
mob
> shinigami
> verb
> KageoniS()//Should be using oview(8,src)) but you should write the inside the KageoniS verb instead, see below
> set name = "Kageoni (Strike)"
> set category = "Fighting"
> if(src.rei < 99999)
> src << "<b>Your reiryoku is too low!"
> return
> if(src.safe)
> return
> if(src.InKageoni)
> src.rei -= 100000
M.underlays += /obj/ShunsuiShadow
> >> M.overlays += /obj/ShunsuiBlade
sleep(10)
for(var/mob/m in oview(8,src))//Like so -- for every mob within 8 tiles of the user, do below.
> var/damage = src.attack * 3 - M.defense / 2
> damage = src.DamageCheck2(round(damage), "Atk")
> damage = M.DamageCheck(round(damage), "Atk")
> if(damage < 1)
> damage = 1
> M.health -= damage
> if(src.FirstActOn&&M.FirstActUsing)
> src.health -= damage
> view(src,8) << "<b><font color = red>[src] was hurt by their own attack and was dealt [damage] damage!"
> src.Death(M)
> view(src,8) << "<b><font color = red>[src] hit [M] for [damage] damage!"
> M.Death(src)
> >> M.underlays -= /obj/ShunsuiShadow
> >> M.overlays -= /obj/ShunsuiBlade
> >> M.underlays -= /obj/ShunsuiShadow
> >> M.overlays -= /obj/ShunsuiBlade


You shouldn't be using usr, just a tip.

You don't even need src.rei, src.safe etc. You could just do if(rei < 99999).
Page: 1 2

Login to reply.