ID:2357680

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
My friend has a problem that prevents him from playing any BYOND games. When he starts BYOND client, everything works as normal, except Byond Game List is loading and there are no games to be seen on it. When he tries to connect a SS13 servers, DreamSeeker appears for 5 seconds and then disappears. I want to point out that he recently installed Windows 10 and might lack drivers.
The ever-loading game list is caused by one of two things: Either the system is using a Japanese locale, or the user data directory has non-ASCII characters (like Cyrillic). If it's the former, stop using the Japanese locale. If it's the latter, go to Preferences | Advanced in the pager and change your user data directory to something simple like C:\BYOND or whatnot.

Dream Seeker failing to start might be related to the issue with the pager, so fixing that might fix everything.
It seems, it was because of Cyrillic (as he is Russian). And is “issue with my pager” as you call it, the thing I referred to first?
In response to SugarBone
Best response
Yes. The pager is the program that shows the game list.
Thank you, it works. Except, he cannot connect to the servers using a link (like spacestaion13.com's ones)