ID:2361646

Keeping things short and sweet on the news side this week, because most of the stuff I'm working on is unripe. But good news: my foot is a lot better and seems to have mostly stopped relapsing.

The last build apparently fried html_encode() for non-strings when I thought I was fixing some incorrect behavior. The reason turned out to be that it was creating a string but accidentally destroying it too soon. Fortunately that was an easy fix. The same applies to url_encode().

A couple of minor new features went into the new 512.1421 build: one in Dream Seeker I don't have a report to close yet (it's complicated, but I'll regen the release notes when it's ready) and in the Windows version of Dream Daemon you now have the option of getting a status report on connections and sleeping procs--which should be very handy for people who have trouble figuring out why performance is dropping over time. In Dream Seeker the status report is available but undocumented; if you have debug/admin access to the game, put byond://?debug=status in the browser control.

I saw there's been renewed interest in fixing the issue with cursors blinking over non-map, non-grid parts of the interface, so that's something I need to look at quite soon because it's been driving people crazy forever.

Ter13 has also had a request on the back burner for a while, regarding the object tree and proc definitions/overrides. I took a better look and it seems like while the request is doable, it might be a doozy so I'll have to muster the mental energy to get there. In the meantime however, there's a very related request to be able to type in a proc name in a search box to jump there quickly, and I think that's slightly more approachable, using the very same object tree. So that's very high on my short-term list.

If you haven't become a BYOND Member, do it now before Earth Day and that way you get points for environmental awareness. (I talked to the Recycling Fairies and they assured me that's how it works.) Or you could just donate, either here or on BYOND's Patreon. SS13 server peeps, Patreon is also a great way to support the platform if you want to show some love and keep the fixes/features coming but not get too involved.

That's it for now. See you next week!
iso 513
So stupid question but I take it there is any way to speed up code searches? (Ctrl+H method), reason being it can take upward to 2-3 minutes for me to search for something, considering code is a mess I usually searc-ehrm, wait a lot.

But awesome stuff, hope to see whats coming next!
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
iso 513

+1
Lummox JR, use screenshot to illustrate or send pictures on "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT. [Show off your project!]" when you finish something about your project, byond. Only text and text is so meh.
In response to Laser50
Laser50 wrote:
So stupid question but I take it there is any way to speed up code searches? (Ctrl+H method), reason being it can take upward to 2-3 minutes for me to search for something, considering code is a mess I usually searc-ehrm, wait a lot.

But awesome stuff, hope to see whats coming next!

Do you have a bunch folders/files in your root project folder that you don't need? Search might be going through them during searches. Move backup files and whatnot up and out of your project folder.