ID:2363750

Hello, im in need of help, i play Colonial Marines server and suddenly a problem has appeared.
Talking with a moderator made me realize the problem is on my end; having some delay while moving and doing anthing, meanwhile i see players moving and playing in normal speed, as it should be.

After a basic turn off and on Byond, cache-cleaning, reinstalling it, restarting pc and router, nothing gives even a small improvement.

.ping command says "Round Trip Ping-Pong took 0.24 seconds" constantly.
Besides of that, 1 second lag spike suddenly occurs paralizing the game, and a sudden rush of information comes to compensate that "stillness".

Since i have no knowledge in fixing any networking problem, i have to plea for help here.

You're obviously loosing packets on your end, do a ping to google in CMD with the -t switch, wait for at least 50 packets and check out how many did you actually lose by pressing ctrl+c to stop the command, you'll get a report.

Then try doing the same thing but this time ping your own default gateway (router) so you can tell if it's your shitty wireless addapter.

Iusually loose around 8% of packets but that's because I have a shitty wireless adapter that gets too hot and starts acting out, you should probably get one of those things with an antenna, also UTP cable is 100% better than wifi shit .
Also forget about getting any kind of help from byond devs, they hate everything ss13 related.
ALright I've been getting this same exact problem, this is how I fixed it, I'm going to put 2 solutions here.

The money guy solution: Buy an internal PCI or PCI express wireless adapter that comes iwth heatsink and or a fan.

The poor guy's cool solution/ it's 2 AM on a saturday night and I can't buy new hardware right now but I really want to play:

Pry open your wireless adapter, remove the main chip protection and then find a small coffee cup fill it with vegetable oil, then dump your thing in there, remember to fill another cup or something with more oil and put it in the fridge or freezer so you can manually switch the oil when it gets hot.

Have fun.
Here's a pic.

https://ibb.co/eWy9Gx