ID:2364936

It's been another one of those weeks where I've gone after different little things that caught my eye, but some big and kind of longstanding issues were involved and I did some research into some stuff for Dream Maker, so good times were had.

The biggest fix in today's new release is that cursor flickering is finally done for--I think. In my test project which is loaded down with just about every control type, I did some testing and was pleased with the results. This has been on a lot of people's wish lists for a long time. What was the cause of it? Well, you basically have the fact that Windows can set a cursor actively, but only temporarily, and also that it has a message for doing a passive set when the cursor goes over a certain control. The latter wasn't as good as it could have been and the former was being done in situations it shouldn't, when the engine thought there was the possibility of a new cursor having been set, which ended up being like once every timer tick. Now the whole thing is a lot more aware of where the cursor is and what control it's over, which helps it decide whether the active or passive setting is even appropriate.

I got to fix some display issues in Dream Seeker, too, basically both related to filters. One of them was a bug Yut Put asked me to look into, because he saw some transformed icons weren't applying PIXEL_SCALE properly, and it turned out this was a rare situation that occurred because of the particular way filters and color matrices were being used--although I think it's possible it could have appeared with just a color matrix. The other issue I found on my own, and it was a problem with the drop shadow filter and how the resulting filtered icon got positioned.

On the Dream Maker side, there was a recent laundry-list post on some wish list features, and one of them was relatively low-hanging fruit so I went ahead and did it. I tried to do another one, namely adding icons to the tabs to show which file type each file was, but 1) I didn't like that it cost so much screen real estate, and neither would users with a zillion tabs open, and 2) I couldn't actually get the icons working right away, so I decided to bail. I do think however that some of the icons in DM could use some revamping, including the layout icons I made for the skin editor that are, frankly, really outdated.

High on my near future list is getting in some kind of client-side profiling capability, to help determine things about how the screen is rendered so authors of demanding games can use that info to goose performance.

Big thanks to everyone who's become a BYOND Member or donated this month. I love you guys, and I keep working on features to show it. And if you'd rather set up a fire-and-forget monthly donation, even a small one, that works too--just visit our Patreon.

Next week is gonna be actual spring! Zoo weather is coming, although I won't get a zoo day yet because I can still hardly freaking walk. Dang it.
iso 513
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
iso 513

+1
In response to Super Saiyan X
I'm not actually sure what you're saying.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'm not actually sure what you're saying.

fix isometric for 513
what kind of money or bribery do you need to help crazah's nearly functional game become fully functional?

it's kinda lame that his nearly complete game can never be polished or published bc it's unplayable in isometric's current state

does yut put have to make an iso game?

epic 5: [iso]lation can be right around the corner
Please improve webplayer. It is extremely important for BYOND to survive.
proc FiveThirteen()
In response to Team7Star
I keep asking you for specifics. Give me bug reports with something I can test and fix.
The best I could ask for is an automated tab closer, EG if tab is unused/untouched for X minutes (configuration option), close tab.

Problem is the tabs are great, and I use them a lot, but eventually I just have 100 open and I can't track back on any of them eventually.
In response to Laser50
Huh. YURIRAMOS suggested that, but I consider it a non-starter. Maybe as an option it'd be useful to a few people, but usually the easiest thing to do is just close tabs when they clutter up.
In response to Laser50
Laser50 wrote:
The best I could ask for is an automated tab closer, EG if tab is unused/untouched for X minutes (configuration option), close tab.

Problem is the tabs are great, and I use them a lot, but eventually I just have 100 open and I can't track back on any of them eventually.

Select the tab you're actively working in and then right click the tab you're on and select "Close Others".