Dimension Warriors Online

by Chumble93
Anime inspired sandbox PVP game. Create a character, live a life, survive the universe.
ID:2366943

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I have made an update post about the status of this game. I want everyone to know that it is still in development and has not been given up on. I have ran into some snags along the way and have had limited time to work on the game. I have recently graduated from college and have been on the hunt for a job. So, my free time has increased. I have been able to make some decent progress on the game since I have had this downtime. During this downtime I have managed to complete the beam system and added in a calendar system with a 12-hour format clock. One other new piece of content I have made is a screen_res calculator for appropriate interface positioning on numerous screen sizes. I have also optimized some of the code and fixed numerous bugs. My newest endeavor will be an overhaul of my mob handling. This will be a very tiresome thing to change and is going to result in pretty well everything being broken but, I feel the new way I plan to handle it will be way more efficient than my current method. So, it should be worth the work and time involved. Another benefit of the new method is future code will be easier to make when I have to reference multiple mob types, which is pretty well every time I interact with a mob currently. For the time being I have decided to put the aura's I mentioned in the last post on the backburner.

EDIT: Roughly 4 hours later, I have converted everything to work with the new mob handling. So, now I can finish up the Auras and start adding even more content. I am happy that didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would.
5/5/2018 photo SCREENSHOT.png