ID:2376334

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 66.0.3359.181
Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When searching on the BYOND forums I am getting a 504 timeout error.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Search for anything on the forums.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
N/A

Expected Results:
To see topics related to my search.

Actual Results:
504 Error

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time.
In other games?
N/A
In other user accounts?
N/A
On other computers?
Not sure.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
N/A

Workarounds:
N/A
This is a known issue. The forum search unfortunately has some issues. Frankly I'm considering pulling it out entirely.
Just set the default to searching the active forum only. iirc it was pretty quick about that but atm you wait for it to finish a search to set search options or select forums to search
You can actually use things like forum:dev to search specific forums, but that doesn't work anymore either. It was one of the last things to crap out.
D0wngrade wrote:
Workarounds:
N/A

You can go on Google and type in "site:byond.com" to restrict your search to BYOND, and go more specific from there. To be quite honest, most website's baked in search functionality is trash, and if it's not on the deep web where it can't be crawled you shouldn't be using it. Pretty much all search engines support this or similar functionality.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
This is a known issue. The forum search unfortunately has some issues. Frankly I'm considering pulling it out entirely.

I had the thought the other day that I'd see this resolved with the message: "Forum search has been permanently removed", and giggled a bit at the thought.
I wonder how much more depressing can this website get, if you can't have a fully functional website, then what's the point of having one. Also truly what is the point of memberships, pagers, and very basic hubs,member page, etc.

All of it feels very nonintuitive, lazy, hard to navigate, user friendy(nonexistent).