Arcane Chronicles

by Magus8
Arcane Chronicles
Embark on a life's journey as a magic user through the lands of Arcania!
ID:2376360

So, this is the first update log barely a year after putting up the HUB. I’ll try to repent for this with making this a lengthy one (try to power through :D)
Let’s start it off with the completely refurbished login screen, which is actually a temple in the capital city now (not that the city is made yet). As you can see it houses NPC(s) from which you can get quests and a daily reward which will be disclosed later.
Temple Indoors
The next important thing I want to show is the start of the remade UIs, beginning with the bars and Inventory. You might have realised that you haven’t seen the current ones and that is because they are the ugliest thing possible, which I don’t want to show. I took this chance to also include some possible item art. As for the empty square on frame It’s still debated whether it will be for a portrait, „level”, or symbol of the player’s class.
UIs
Some word about the tutorial, as you may have heard it is a magic school. Completeness wise the dialogues, the mobs, most of the environment’s basic (aka. things like walls n floors or quest related stuff) icons are done. NPCs, quests, the fancy stuff and just programming in general is left for it.
School Entrance
Finally, for those of you who fancy these kinds of things I’d like to introduce some more of the game’s lore, since it will be quite explorable in game through various means. This time I chose a piece of religion...

“Since the dawn of time there have always been 5. Men have throughout history referred to them as Supreme or Divine beings, Immortals who transcend our common comprehension – in other words, Gods. The legends tell us of their exploits, the faiths teach us of their benediction/blessings.”

” Haet is the High God of Light, he who raises the Sun [in the morning], the source of all life. He illuminates the world and provides guidance, warmth and comfort to man. His followers consist of those who have been given a second chance in life to live, to escape from despair, those who have seen the light at the end of the tunnel.”

” Kreize is the High God of Shadows, he who brings down the Sun, [when it’s time] to raise the Moon. He reigns over the souls of the Deceased and what lurks beyond the darkness. He is the one who sets free the men agonized by their pain and relieves the warriors from their duty.”

...and the hierarchy of Arcania.

The leadership of the Kingdom of Arcania is held by the First Council, a council of mages of veteran status and a non-mage representative. To be more specific there are 5 Great Mages, each being from one of the different Houses, this includes the elected Chairman of the council who in a way holds some key administrative and executive power [making him the Chief of State/Protector of the Realm].”

” Despite having an administration, effectively being the council, which act are essentially the executive branch of the Kingdom’s government. There is also a small senate, where lords and representatives of communities and towns from all over the Kingdom gather to debate and put forward relevant issues which are then passed on to the council.

If you like these little lore snippets, then I’ll include them in every update log.

In the future I’ll be more active with the updates and whatnot, won’t promise that I’ll have them monthly, but I’ll try my best. The next time I’ll be showcasing some more (if not all) of the remade UIs and skills of the Bard class (and others).

- Amanuer

P.S.: lil’ sneak peak
Bard