ID:2382357

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Lately, the photophobia from my glaucoma has gotten to the point where using the website feels equivalent to looking into a vehicle's headlights in the past. I know it's not a big deal, and for the time being I find myself turning the brightness down on a second monitor, but I think the option for an alternative darker color scheme for the website would be greatly appreciated.
I use Stylish for Chrome, lets me make my own CSS rules. I haven't gotten the whole site dark yet, but I've done the header. Using 'inspect element' is a quick way to find the CSS info of a specific thing.
In response to Nadrew
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
In response to Konlet
Actually, it turns out Chrome and Firefox just removed Stylish from their stores because it was stealing user data.. Any other solutions?
On Firefox, I use "Stylus". It's basically the same thing.
In response to SpaceManiac
Thanks, I'll toy with that.
The only thing I hate about Stylus is it inlines the styles, making them accessible to the page. Very annoying usability compromise. Although I doubt Stylish could have done better in Firefox 57+.
Why can't we just have Themes? Light (default), Dark (Replace the dull gray with a much darker gray, etc.?
https://github.com/Dan-Wood/BYOND-NightMode?files=1

No idea if it still works... but the CSS should, considering BYOND website hasn't changed much at all in the past three years..